Ahhhhhh... N00Bism...

is a double edged sword...

the rewards of meeting the challenges of the unknown and learning tunz o new stuff...

getting stupified by the hugeness of this sim and

having the feeling of being steeped in ignorance...

the tougher the challenge, the greater the feeling of acomplishment...

i feel better, how bout ya'll

Dance Dance Revolution is a good example of this to me. The first time I play a song is always the most fun. (Especially on a fast song like Holic.) Once you "remember" the song, or understand the pattern, it's never as much fun as having to learn it the first time.

There's far too much to do in Battlecruiser, however. I'm not sure my mind's been open to all of the possibilities just yet. I'm still thinking of ways I can do things, and stuff that'd be cool to try out. Even over a year since BCM came out.

Welcome aboard, my man. Stick around and have ye some fun.

quote:

Originally posted by GhengisX:

is a double edged sword...

the rewards of meeting the challenges of the unknown and learning tunz o new stuff...

getting stupified by the hugeness of this sim and

having the feeling of being steeped in ignorance...

the tougher the challenge, the greater the feeling of acomplishment...

i feel better, how bout ya'll

LOL!! Have you been drinking Empirian ale again? That stuff's quite potent you know. Just ask the vets who were also once n00bs

Guest Private Cyberoket

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

There's far too much to do in Battlecruiser, however. I'm not sure my mind's been open to all of the possibilities just yet. I'm still thinking of ways I can do things, and stuff that'd be cool to try out. Even over a year since BCM came out.

Welcome aboard, my man. Stick around and have ye some fun.

This is fun.

Have you tried blowing up Cruisers with an unarmed shuttle. Try and flank him, tracktor beam, all stop, exit shuttle and go to town with Rocket Launcher.... or what ever tickles your fancy. But i'm sure thats been done, i'm a nOOb. Still.... very cool moment.

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

LOL!! Have you been drinking Empirian ale again? That stuff's quite potent you know. Just ask the vets who were also once n00bs

*hick*

aha! guilty as charged. We always knew you were on something E5

Im a very long player.. I just didn't get too deep into the game till BCMG. Cause until it BCM and BC3K kept malfunctioning (it worked 1/4 of the times I ran it) on my puter. Freesing, blue screen of death, Illegal Errors, Timed out calls, and system reboots. BCMG hasnt done any of these! Thank God. so im acualy able to get real deep into it now. Emerse myself fully with out fear of errors. so I guess im a noob to the EXPANSIVE EXERIANCE this game provides. Its like the differance between playing a game online or playing the game and getting into the storyline. Its amazing the delicate AI programing and true to galaxy feeling like it is a GIGANTIC thing is great.

Guest Grayfox

mmmm beer nuts rule *gaggaghga*

im still running my campaign... been about 2 months, and i dont think theres an insurgent left in the galaxy...

creeping closer and closer to getting that RANDOM, then its bye bye gammula... i think ill put a mcdonalds there after i glass the planet

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

i think ill put a mcdonalds there after i glass the planet

LOL i hear that, but i'm just getting started (again) working on the 3rd mission right now the whole protecting the diplomat stuff, i'm loving every bit.

Here's my contribution to noobism...

Back when I was a noob, ummm, last week , I wound up with 5 intruders on board. So I thought, YAY, I'm close to a station (Centauri in Cronus), I'll bring the pricks there and I'll be lauded as a hero! Maybe I'll even collect a medal. But either way, I told myself, I'll stay humble.

So.. as I proudly entered dock, looking out from the bridge, hands on my hip, standing tall with 5 intruders running around my ship and a bunch of green marines chasing them with squirt guns, I realized my error (and the -500 EPs help too hehe) when the station commander slapped me upside the head and tore me a new...

Moral of the story. RTFM!

The few, the proud, the noobs.

EDIT: Actually I think it was -1000 EPs, ie. 200 per laughing intruder. I want to make sure I get full credit for my moronic behavior.

[ 05-12-2003, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Spindoktor ]

quote:

Originally posted by Spindoktor:

...standing tall with 5 intruders running around my ship and a bunch of green marines chasing them with squirt guns...

LMAO

Next time try the Pea Shooter!