Jump to content
3000AD Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kschang

Question about... detention hold

Recommended Posts

1) Should a marine guard be posted at the detention hold? Or issuing "go to detention hold" order actually locks up the marine inside?

2) If it's the second one, why does officers and such have the option of going to the detention hold? Put themselves under house arrest?

3) If the prisoners are NOT in detention hold (I ran out of Radine and the marines shoved the prisoners into SHUTTLE 1 when the life support went out) how do I get them back INTO the hold? You can't really give "go to" orders to prisoners... and the base won't take them UNLESS they're in the hold... SupCmdr on a different site/forum suggested taking the shuttle and dock it to the base, but that didn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To solve problem 3...

Don't run out of radine.

But seriously.. I don't know about the other two.

Sounds like a pickle.

You can order prisoners to the transporter. I had one fellow keep escaping, but my marines wouldn't kill him, just catch him again. So I beamed him onto the surface of mars and left him there. I didn't get the 2 ep for bringing him in, but I had fun stranding the persistant bugger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what Ican tell you are only telling the cew members to go to that particular location and not telling them to lock them selves up. I ususally post two marines as guard when I get prisioners, though it is relatively rare since Resnig apparently hasn't taught my marines that a white flag does NOT mean fire at will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That brings up a follow-up... How many guards do you folks post? One or two at the detention hold, 3 on patrol... 3 resting, and the rest on station ready to go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I let the CO take care of troop rotation and assignmnet, though I usually manually post 2 to DetHold, and in the event we have an intruder I put a couple to Medibay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:


Originally posted by Kasey Chang:

SupCmdr on a different site/forum suggested taking the shuttle and dock it to the base, but that didn't work.


Then I'd say you're screwed and stuck with them. Launch the shuttle. Destroy it. But a new one. Replace it. Intruder problem solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Kasey Chang:

SupCmdr on a different site/forum suggested taking the shuttle and dock it to the base, but that didn't work.

Then I'd say you're screwed and stuck with them. Launch the shuttle. Destroy it. But a new one. Replace it. Intruder problem solved.


Another dumb question... Are the prisoners supposed to show up on the "crew" list when you click the shuttle icon? Because they are NOT shown, and all places EXCEPT Prisoner list shows the SC1 crew being 1 (the marine I put in as pilot). It's almost as if they're in LIMBO.

I may try to beam them off to the planet below... Someone else suggested that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:


Originally posted by Kasey Chang:

Are the prisoners supposed to show up on the "crew" list when you click the shuttle icon? Because they are NOT shown, and all places EXCEPT Prisoner list shows the SC1 crew being 1 (the marine I put in as pilot). It's almost as if they're in LIMBO.


They're not crew

quote:


I may try to beam them off to the planet below... Someone else suggested that.

You can't - because you can't send them anywhere off the ship. I think I disabled that a while back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, I *think* I resolved it. There is this separate screen where you can see your crew and their locations (NOT Crew under Tactical) and not Perscan, and somehow you can order the prisoners around from THAT screen, but not the Crew screen. After a bit of fiddling there, the prisoners are moving themselves (huh?) from SHUTTLE 1 to Detention Hold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:


Originally posted by Kasey Chang:

After a bit of fiddling there, the prisoners are moving themselves (huh?) from SHUTTLE 1 to Detention Hold.


new form of recruitment instigated by resnig... never works. the minute they get to weapons training they start playing intruder again and you have to execute Resnig for his stupidity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Kasey Chang:

Actually, I *think* I resolved it. There is this separate screen where you can see your crew and their locations (NOT Crew under Tactical) and not Perscan, and somehow you can order the prisoners around from THAT screen, but not the Crew screen. After a bit of fiddling there, the prisoners are moving themselves (huh?) from SHUTTLE 1 to Detention Hold.

How, exactly, do you get to this mystery screen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:


Originally posted by Tyrn:

How, exactly, do you get to this mystery screen?


heh, thats what I want to know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

How, exactly, do you get to this mystery screen?

heh, thats what I want to know


Found it... Tactical / Loadout / TP / Crew, then pick prisoners from the pop-down menu, and if you click the left/right arrows it'll let you pick their location. They were at SHUTTLE 1, so I picked DETENTION HOLD, and sure enough, PERSCAN shows them moving from shuttle bay to detention hold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:


Originally posted by Kasey Chang:

Found it... Tactical / Loadout / TP / Crew, then pick prisoners from the pop-down menu, and if you click the left/right arrows it'll let you pick their location. They were at SHUTTLE 1, so I picked DETENTION HOLD, and sure enough, PERSCAN shows them moving from shuttle bay to detention hold.


ack! I need to probably plug that I think. You shouldn't be able to send prisoners to any location other than detention hold.

What I'll do is plug that hole, then allow the stations to search support crafts for prisoners when you dock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

ack! I need to probably plug that I think. You shouldn't be able to send prisoners to any location other than detention hold.

What I'll do is plug that hole, then allow the stations to search support crafts for prisoners when you dock.

I'm just going to throw in my 2 cents:

I liked be able to send prisoners to the medibay to be patched up before putting them in the brig for eventual transfer to station security. I understand the reasoning behind removing some of the orders that could be issued to prisoners (piloting a shuttle with a prisoner is a very good example of a clear exploit) but beaming a prisoner down for marine target practice is actually something I would expect a Raider to do.

What's my point? I'd like to see a limited amount of prisoner ordering. I know that's borderline whish list, so I'll quietly walk away now and pretend that I wasn't even here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, I'd like to suggest a new marine order: escort prisoner (to new location). It can be assumed that only one prisoner will be moved at one time... But it's up to SC himself to determine how it gets done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:


Originally posted by Tyrn:

What's my point? I'd like to see a limited amount of prisoner ordering. I know that's borderline whish list, so I'll quietly walk away now and pretend that I wasn't even here.


There are a bunch of other exploits that you may not be aware of. Hence the reason that I completedly disabled the ordering of prisoners, rather than troll through the code and doing special case (as in what you suggested) conditions and end up breaking something - especially since prisoners are not worth the risk of compromising that particular piece of code.

So no, I'm not going to allow any manual ordering of prisoners. If I do, it will probably in BCG when I've had time to assess the situation further. For one thing, I'd still need special case conditions because e.g. unless there are prisoner models (which there aren't), I have to prevent the transporting of prisoners off-ship. Crap like that is dangerously counter-productive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

There are a bunch of other exploits that you may not be aware of. Hence the reason that I completedly disabled the ordering of prisoners, rather than troll through the code and doing special case (as in what you suggested) conditions and end up breaking something - especially since prisoners are not worth the risk of compromising that particular piece of code.

No problem, ordering prisoners is something I like not something I need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:


Originally posted by Tyrn:

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

There are a bunch of other exploits that you may not be aware of. Hence the reason that I completedly disabled the ordering of prisoners, rather than troll through the code and doing special case (as in what you suggested) conditions and end up breaking something - especially since prisoners are not worth the risk of compromising that particular piece of code.


No problem, ordering prisoners is something I like not something I need.


OK

Anyway, in the upcoming patch, prisoners and intruders will be removed from the CC, regardless of where on the ship they are. This means that the transporter room, support crafts etc, will all be searched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×