Question about... fuel consumption

kschang

I know the better reactors and engines and shields and such reduce fuel consumption. However, there's one question I haven't been able to answer...

Does using retro-rockets and/or afterburners dramatically increase fuel consumption rate? If so, what is that increase?

For example, let's say under regular use, radine consumption with the default lattis reactor is 100 units per hour (I'm just guessing). Does using the afterburner/retrorocket add like 10 / second or such high rate? Or how is fuel consumption calculated?

Follow-up question...

How is the fuel consumption for shield and cloak calculated?

Does getting hit and let fuel regenerate use up more plutonium? Or is it strictly based on "active time"?

And does having better shield generators affect shield fuel consumption rate?

quote:

Originally posted by Kasey Chang:

Does getting hit and let fuel regenerate use up more plutonium?

And does having better shield generators affect shield fuel consumption rate?

No

Yes (check the manual and appendix)

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

One more question... Does setting shields to a lower level (less than "full") reduce plutonium consumption?

Check the manual and appendix data

Uh... I guess it's a LITTLE ambiguous, but I think I found the passage. The answer to my question is YES, since the manual stated that "the higher the protection level, the more plutonium required". However, at the time I thought it was referring to shield generator upgrades.

quote:

Uh... I guess it's a LITTLE ambiguous, but I think I found the passage. The answer to my question is YES, since the manual stated that "the higher the protection level, the more plutonium required". However, at the time I thought it was referring to shield generator upgrades.

Lower protection levels (25% vs 100%) uses less plutonium...correct. Upgraded shield generators will use LESS plutonium than the downgrade version because they are more efficient. They will, therefore, use even less plutonium to maintain lower protection levels.