Acouple of questions I couldn't find elsewhere..

TopSpeed

1) Are missiles 'guided' by the FATAL system any more or less accurate than those launched manually (MTAR)?

2) Is the single player roam game affected in difficulty based on the type of ship you choose? For example, if I choose a BC Mk1, will the roam mode or campaign mode be any less difficult than if I choose a more capable ship like the BC Mk3?

Thanks,

TopSpeed

2) How dangerous your enemies are does not depend on what type of asset you choose: You will meet the same kind of enemies no matter what kind of asset you choose. On the other hand, it is more difficult to fight enemy ships with a shuttle, than with a battlecruiser....

the missiles fired with FATAL have the same guidance logic as normal. They don't magically change when they are assigned a FATAL. FATAL just helps by being able to launch a slew of missiles at several different targets all at once.

quote:

Originally posted by TopSpeed:

1) Are missiles 'guided' by the FATAL system any more or less accurate than those launched manually (MTAR)?

No. FATAL, AFAIK, is merely a way to tell the ship to fire AS SOON AS POSSIBLE by "pre-lock" a target. You can lock a FATAL target BEFORE you get in range. The ship will fire them when the condition is right.

quote:

2) Is the single player roam game affected in difficulty based on the type of ship you choose? For example, if I choose a BC Mk1, will the roam mode or campaign mode be any less difficult than if I choose a more capable ship like the BC Mk3?

Yes, somewhat. Different ships are for slightly different styles of play. Carriers are for those who like to order other AI around (you get to do that when you get Fleet C&C), while cruisers and supercruisers are for killing other ships. And ships that cloak... are great for busting bases.