Losing experience

Spiny

I'm trying to work out how I lost 5000 XP when only one neutral ship bought it, and that was a fighter.

I'm not really worried about the lost XP, but I want to stop it happening again.

I've RTFM, RTFA and STFF (searched the fine forums).

BTW I'm a BCMG newbie, but a BC3K (V1) veteran.

BCMG 1.00.01

New career, Roam, Ter/Mil BC Mk3, Galcom:

Set course for Majoris to trade.

In Pluto a cloaked carrier beamed 5 intruders onto my ship. Amazingly Kesnig (AI 24) assigned on-station marines to search and left the others alone. One prisoner . As I HJed outtaÔÇÖ there, A Ter/Ins Aestrom decloaked and was attacked by a ?/Mil Defender (neutral). The defender died while I was still HJing. I figured Gazer1 could take care of itself and there were no other ships about, so I jumped out.

In Treas (maybe) a Man/Mil Questar and a neutral fighter were attacking a Mul(?)/Rai Trancor ODS and winning. No damage to either ship so I left them to it.

In Arima I met a Cre/Cri Sentry and noodled him, but the shuttle got away. Then I noticed I had -5000 XP.

Complety unrelated but too unimportant for it's own thread, why does the AE have an AI stat in Tactical/Crew but not in Roster?

I had a similar Experiance, but the opposite way. I was in a shuttle in lyrus. Mining YEAH I WAS MINING. Radium cost to F'n much. Sorry (pops a Methadone). Anyways I was Targeted by a BattleCruiser MKIII Ter/Ins So like a good little chicken ****. I turn tail and fled and when i got back to my CC I noticed my EP had fallen by 500 points. Was this cause I fled? possibly. Anyways just thought id share my view. BTW im already deep in crap with the Ter/Mil for my actions -250000 EP.

I'm a newbie myself but refering to the holy grail (manual) you have to do something to lose EXP points. Running away shouldn't do it. Taking illegal cargo into a 'legal' star station will lose it for you. I had done a cargo sweep with a shuttle and forgot to check the illegal tab of the shuttles cargo hold!

I'm not sure what the Cre/Cri are but if they are of the passive profession (medic, trader etc.) then scuppering him would get you some loss!

Read the threat titled "Possible experience bug I am experiencing" in BC Newbie Discussions.

IMHO When you're too busy flying your own ship, you will miss a lot of what else is happening in the sector you're in. With experience of gameplay you will find that you need less time for taking decissions and more time to look outside. This increases your chances of spotting that diplomat under attack or that friendly vessel which sometimes comes in your line of fire.

The ship was flying itself. I was looking around, seeing what was out there.

It seems likely that a Dip blew up just as I entered a system.

Doesn't matter now, capturing Alpha Prime put me back into the positive.

Tulon's next...

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed the same thing last night. I'm playing roam mode as a Syrion and i was in the positive before i jumped into Altera. Then all of a sudden enemy ships come out of nowhere and i know for a fact the Starstation can take care of itself so i continue to do what i was doing...checking Logistix looking for what type of cargo i need to beef up on. Then i check my roster and it shows i'm -500.

I thought it would matter only in campaign mode if u helped your friendly's out or not. But i guess the same thing can happen in Roam mode. I guess i'll start helping out more...even though they dont need it. I do want to see Fleet Control at least once in my lifetime.