Im stuck on a planet and cannot go back to space

HSV118

do you actually reach orbit [35,000 alt]? I had this happen to me too. What I do is give the ship a Return to base order. Even if my AE is in the ship.

Once the ship is at least 5000 alt I click a/p key to disable auto pilot and select engine and make sure its set to 100% then press down the ' key. When your shuttle is at or above 35,000 alt press the O key and then Y to enter space. However for some reason you then have to hit the after burner key some more the ' key is the afterburner. [the reason I do it this way is so my ship is less likely to explode, I forget how to manually get my ship out of a taxi state.]

If you are at or above 20,000 alt its unlikely you'll get up enough speed to enter orbit, go back down to 10,000 or so and try again. But you have to press the afterburner key or you'll never make it. For some reason the return to base order won't work you have to do it manually.

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

Yes, but its not so much about attaining a certain speed, you pitch up and use the afterburners just to get to the 35k egress altitude and then press 'O', thats it. If you try to afterburn vertically into orbit, rising higher and higher, then your ship will seem to lose power and descend rapidly after a while.

quote:

Originally posted by Ace Ventura:

the reason I do it this way is so my ship is less likely to explode, I forget how to manually get my ship out of a taxi state

Try switching between FTOL and VTOL

quote:

For some reason the return to base order won't work you have to do it manually.

If it is a shuttle or fighter you give the RTB command to then under a/p it will leave the planet and return to the CC - if not then try checking for damage to things like engines and communications etc.

Yes, but I think he is referring to having his AE on board. If you have the AE on board and give it a RTB order it won't work. It will planet fall again. [The shuttle].

I know you don't want to pitch it too much that's why I let the program do it. By giving it the RTB order it determines the pitch automatically.

All I do is take it out of auto pilot and hit the after burners +make sure the engine is at 100%. Even once you get into space a message flashes on screen prepare for planet fall. That's why I imediately hit the after burners after the Y key to enter space to stop my ship from reentering the planet/moon.

I usually have the shuttle pretty full anyways as I have 2 drones on one planet and 2 drones on a nearby moon. So the shuttle is just about completely full when I go back to the Mother ship.