Command control

Ace Ventura

Yee Ha!

Ok, experimented a little with this. It seems like you can order other craft around. Can you get these ships to cruise with you to other places or no? I tried but not really successful.

anything simple I may be missing? Or did I send them to a black hole or something?

Also if a base like Galcom has a bunch of fighters like 9 or so and I click on it to defend my ship it only releases one. I was trying to get it to release all of them. [9]?

Oh yeah, take that you insurgent scum!

quote:

Originally posted by Ace Ventura:

Yee Ha!

Ok, experimented a little with this. It seems like you can order other craft around. Can you get these ships to cruise with you to other places or no? I tried but not really successful.

anything simple I may be missing? Or did I send them to a black hole or something?

Also if a base like Galcom has a bunch of fighters like 9 or so and I click on it to defend my ship it only releases one. I was trying to get it to release all of them. [9]?

Oh yeah, take that you insurgent scum!

To have a ship cruise with you you can issue the standard "DEFEND CC" order that allow you to release the ship from the spacestation, from now on the vessel will cruise with you attacking any nearby hostile that target you.

To release all of the 9 fighters you must launch them one at time manually.

Its even more fun in UC because you can also order troops around.

In the ROAM scenario, the starbase will send out a squad of 8 (ALPHA and BRAVO teams with four members each) to assist you.

You can then leave your base and DJP to a hostile base and take it out with your squad. In UC, the NPCs know how to use DJPs and will follow you. Just way ships do through jump anomalies.

Earlier today when I was running some tests, Rogers (an Assault Force Marine from Alpha squad) who carries the heavy weapons (launcher etc), decided he was going to up and open fired on some hostiles, even after I told him to stay put. That was the end of that sneak attack from the dense foliage. Before you knew it, shots were everywhere and before we could DJP back to our base, Lansing and Gibson from Alpha died and Brunner and Voss (from Bravo) were left behind for some odd reason. We got all healed up and jump back in, only to find Brunner engaging a batch of marines while Voss (a Recon Force Marine sniper sharp shooter with an AI of 98) was picking them off like flies.

I guess you had to be there.

And now I really want to put in the ability to capture planetary bases in the UC sequel.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Earlier today when I was running some tests, Rogers (an Assault Force Marine from Alpha squad) who carries the heavy weapons (launcher etc), decided he was going to up and open fired on some hostiles, even after I told him to stay put. That was the end of that sneak attack from the dense foliage.

So stealth plays a role in UC? Can you sneak up behind a guard and kill him silently or something? Or are all the weapons loud?

And UC sequel? Are you meaning the XboX thingamajig?

quote:

Originally posted by q_dragon:

So stealth plays a role in UC? Can you sneak up behind a guard and kill him silently or something? Or are all the weapons loud?

There are no silent weapons in the game. Except maybe the sniper rifles.

quote:

Are you meaning the XboX thingamajig? [/QB]

No

quote:

Originally posted by Extinct_Reptilia:

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

...ability to capture planetary bases in the UC sequel

I very much wanted this feature in UC too. Is there still anyway of adding this in a future UC patch or are all UC patches designed to address the problems in the VCF?

No new features are planned for UC.