Jump to content
3000AD Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gorbag

Intruders, shuttles and recapturing them

Recommended Posts

So, there I am, pootling about a star system (which one is irrelevant for this), and some spawny eyed wazzacks beam aboard (intruders ...), they do the usual, (leg it for the shuttle bay asap), and nick one of my shuttles (usually only one intruder boards the shuttle). ok, i know i should have locked down lauch control now, but, as a precaution against just such a thing happening, but I didn't ... so, intruder thinks he's going to be clever and launches shuttle, which now appears on radar etc as hostile (ie red).

Now, it just so happens that I have two heavily armed marines just happening to take a tea break in said shuttle. Needless to say, intruder is killed, but the shuttle still appears as hostile (red) and I blowed if I can figure out how to reclaim it ...

anyone have any ideas ?

I'd hazard a guess that this is just one of the flags not being set from hostile to friendly as a result of the intruder taking the shuttle and then being killed, after all, I don't think my marines would want to nick the shuttle (I have a tendancy to blow things that are marked as hostile to pieces).

cheers for any thoughts/help

gorbags's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:


Originally posted by Gorbag:

I'd hazard a guess that this is just one of the flags not being set from hostile to friendly


There's no such flag. The best defense against theft is to prevent it.

Have you tried tractoring the shuttle usinc the CC and then answering Y when prompted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply,

I have tried tractoring it, but the shuttle seemed to self destruct (or, more likely i was flying a tad too fast and crushed it).

As you say, the best defence is to prevent it which I now do routinely. Not a big thing was just intrerested as to why the shuttle remained hostile when there were only my guys on boards.

cheers

gorbs.

PS Liked the game since take two days (1997-8ish I think), and recently got back into it as my life is now less hectic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most intruders like to booby-trap shuttles, just incase they do get caught again. And unfortunately for you, marines make lousy EOD (Explosive Ordinance Disposal) personell.

If the shuttle makes it off your ship, just count it lost, and blast it out of spite.

[ 03-09-2004, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Reno ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes i succeed recovering the shuttle. when its blue/red i let it go. But also, as i do now is to send all my fighters and shuttle out so they dont steal one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First see if you can issue it orders and tell it to halt. If not try and disable it with a low power IOD hit. Once you've stopped it, exit your CC with you AE and try and mannually board the SC and fly it back to the CC yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once my shuttle was stolen, so I used the PTA's to disable it. Then I tractored it in. Had to repair the whole shuttle from almost scrap but it was worth getting it back, I'll tell ya. Those PTA's not totally destroying it was a matter of luck I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:


Originally posted by Motafication:

Once my shuttle was stolen, so I used the PTA's to disable it. Then I tractored it in. Had to repair the whole shuttle from almost scrap but it was worth getting it back, I'll tell ya. Those PTA's not totally destroying it was a matter of luck I suppose.


It's a pretty normal thing that PTA system at 100% power will disable or put in SOS a small target such as a fighter or shuttle, if you want them to destroy it try putting the power setting to 70%/50% and then you'll see the BOOM....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×