Using AutoSave Function

Belnok

When doing my travels (being a scavenger) I am using autosave quite a bit, but have found something peculiar. When Im killed, I can no longer use that autosave.. I have to load up a saved position. (You know the one SAVE AND EXIT) rather than RESUME LAST. I would have thought that that was it's function Can somebody clarify how this autosave function is supposed to work, I did a search on the forums here and couldn't find anything relevant.

Thanks in Advance

...did you see the UNSUPPORTED part in the VCF?

No? OK, go read it again. It is 100% unsupported. So, use it at your own risk as there is no support for it. None whatsoever.

And there is a way around what you are describing, but I don't know what thread its in.

No, it does not get overwritten but the quick save file for the last session will still exist. You have to quit the game entirely, then go to the SAVE folder and delete the *current* save game profile files. Then restart the game and restore the saved game you want to use.

So, if you were using profile 0 (the first slot in the restore game screen) and you die in the QS session, assuming you have a saved game, you would delete the PLAYER0.SGD file. When you restore the game - assuming you actually have a full save version - it will be restored from the PLAYER0.SG0 file.

The saved game files are described here.

And there is no longer an autosave in the game; so I have no idea why this subject is about autosave. If you are saving the game without doing a full save, thats the Quick Save function activated using CTRL+Q (read the VCF). Due to the complexity of the game, you'd be better off being clear in your threads, posts and their interpretations.