BC vets on the newbreed of newbies

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 years ago I was a elite space commander. I never been to the ground besides to put a mining drone down. I have seen one end the galaxy to the other side.

After 10 years of being retire I'm back and mean as hell. But the galaxy a odd thing. Now I'm finely mean a enemy worth my time enrgy and the my laser blasters.

Now time as come for me to take over the galaxay ones again. Just hope This tak ops thingy works.

Nothing will stand in my way just planets. and the ground froces.

I'm one of those "noobs" who hasn't wanted to be one, but hasn't had much of a choice...most of my experience with the game has been very much through the eyes of those who have been able to play...

You see, until I put together a new system with BCM compatibility as one of the priorities, I was running BC3K on a mix of systems that were just not stable.

Much crashing, very frustrating.

Now that BCM runs like a rock, I can finally relax and enjoy myself. While getting blown to kingdom come. Repeatedly.

Looking forward to MP, if for no other reason the 100 fold increase in the richness of the galaxy.

Hopefully, I won't just be a target.

• 1 year later...

Not being one to be left behind in the lets revive a dead thread trend, so, what do vets think of the new breed?

IMO, they're quite inventive and one or two are absolutely stark raving hilarious (and quite possibly mad, but who's checking right?).

My opinion is they're a great buncha heads, or scum sucking bottom dwellers There is no in between. I can't wait to see some of them going right after I de-cloak off their six. Any of you kiddies ever had a missile up yer tailpipe?

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

we have the idiots, we have the part-time lurkers, we have the strange and funny ones .. I think we're pretty balanced

LOL!!! you're right, quite right in fact.

AARRRRGGGG!!! LOL

great post and, no doubt, timeless.

won't be a n00B 4ever!

i haven't had to work this hard at a sim since Falcon 4.0.

PS: I read somewhere, in these E-tomes, SC has had some exposure to the afore mentioned F16 simulator. opine SC?

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

we have the idiots, we have the part-time lurkers, we have the strange and funny ones .. I think we're pretty balanced

LOL!!! you're right, quite right in fact.

lol, when was the last time you agreed with something E5 said??

quote:

Originally posted by Fractux:

I like the influx of new players because I can can finally answer some questions while inflating my head

LOL. Well I still don't consider myself a Vet here but I do get the feel good feeling when I am able to help one of the fresher players by imparting some of the knowledge I have gained from the rest of you guys

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

LOL. Well I still don't consider myself a Vet here but I do get the
feel good
feeling when I am able to help one of the fresher players by imparting some of the knowledge I have gained from the rest of you guys

Well, it goes like this: one day, you buy a game (The Game, as we called it then), find this forum (or it's predecessor, to be overly correct), and get a warm welcome as a newbie.

A few days later, say around six and a half years, you wake up some nice morning, visit the Same Old Forum (now it's predecessor's successor) and think to yourself: Okay - I must be a vet now...

So - welcome newbies!

Make yourself a home here, keep in line, and enjoy the next six and a half years, or so. You'll do just fine...

Best regards!

I say hooray for noobs for without them some of us would still be considered "Noobs"

For the most part I have found some of their comments quite interesting while others quite insane - Keep up the good work noobs for some day you will have the pleasure of calling someone else a noob!

• 2 months later...

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Carl Burning:

Define 'vet' for the BC series

If you have more than 77 posts, for one.

And you were around for the Great BC Depression of 1996-1998.

...and got your ass burned to a crisp, right through the ordeal.

If someone calls you a DS sychophant, you're a BC vet.

You were around playing a BC title back when we used a BBS (Wildcat BBS) system to tranfer files.

I'm sure the other vets can pitch theirs in

(cough---cough) Ermh...I think I qualify for the Veteran status utilizing those benchmarks! AND the Brig Parties!!!! Yes SIR!! I'm a VET!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Rattler:

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Carl Burning:

Define 'vet' for the BC series

If you have more than 77 posts, for one.

And you were around for the Great BC Depression of 1996-1998.

...and got your ass burned to a crisp, right through the ordeal.

If someone calls you a DS sychophant, you're a BC vet.

You were around playing a BC title back when we used a BBS (Wildcat BBS) system to tranfer files.

I'm sure the other vets can pitch theirs in

(cough---cough) Ermh...I think I qualify for the Veteran status utilizing those benchmarks! AND the Brig Parties!!!! Yes SIR!! I'm a VET!!!
I would think you are quite abit beyond the Vet state there rattler. we'll have to think up a new one kinda like uber-vet

• 6 months later...

The n00bs aren't that bad. I haven't really seen any of them trolling around which is always a plus.

Hmmm, Vet Status... I dunno, I'm like a 3/4 vet arn't I? I've been around since BCM at least.. And I think I've been yelled at by SC enough.... Enough that I know how to post stuff without getting spaced out the airlock... Speaking of that SC, its been about a year since my last spacing hasn't it??

Most of them are alright. I see a lot of them making the same mistakes I made when I was a noob. I think that it's only by the grace of God that when I was a noob I didn't catch the SC on a bad day because lemme tell you, I'm sure there were countless times that he could/would/maybe even should have banned me. :-)