Onboard guns

jah

I looked at those beautiful screens of some planetary gunships and saw one with chainguns at its side. Is it possible to use them or do they work like PTA turrets? I'd be sad if they're just for tuning the gunship's apperance. The same question for tanks like this Wildcat. Is it possible to move the main gun to the right or the left without changing the whole vessel's heading like in BCMG?

Edit: Well, i should look into the manual, but i haven't got the game yet, in a few days probably. I'm just gathering information about it. Oh, this game looks so good!!! I have never seen a game with this measures. A big commendation to the developer!!!!

[ 10-25-2004, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

The guns on the gunship work like PTA turrets.

In the next UC games (UCHI, UCHTL), you will be able to switch to and use them as the "gunner". e.g. someone could be flying it, while you are using that gun. Someone else could be standing in the doorway and firing their own gun as well. Thats all new in UCHI/UCHTL for single and multiplayer.

Yes, you can independently control the turret guns on the Wildcat.

quote:

Originally posted by ValientZero:

LOL BTW why do do you quote that PC gamer review? if it was discuss in another post just link it cause I can't find it.

its funny. And SC can do just about anything he wants. Well.. He can do anything he wants. So hah.

• 2 months later...

Does Main Gun on OS's have have some sort of stabilization, target lock or gun sight zoom?

I recently deployed my AE in a Wildcat some 20km outside enemy base, drove for another 10-12km to bring the targets into firing range, but I could't hit anything except for the ground in front of me or the sky above. The crosshairs were jumping allover the screen. I was able to hit something only at pointblank range (1.5 - 0.5 km), but was detected by base's OC and they had no problem with targeting and quickly made a smoking caskette of my Wildcat.