First person weapons firing rate

I seem to have a problem in first person mode, when ever i fire a weapon (any weapon), it acts like a machine gun.

I mean, i've played BCM a few times on a friends pc, and the 'arm gun' (sorry, i can't remember it's name, weapon 1 in first person mode) fires roughly 1 shot every second or so.

In UC when i keep the left mouse button pressed, the 'arm gun' fires a constant stream of blasts, as do all other weapons, until they run out of ammo that is.

I dont have a exact reading of many shots it fires, but what i can tell i can fire about 30 rounds a second, independent of which weapon (provided the weapon has 30 rounds in a clip)

I've patched the game to version 2.0.0.28 so that shouldnt be a problem.

I've also searched the forums for some reference to this problem but couldn't find anything related to this.

The fp weapons are very different in UC from BCM:G, most of them do have a rapid fire mode. They are also arranged differently (e.g. the weapon selection numbers are not specific to a particular weapon, just the the primary and secondary weapon you happen to be carrying (you choose which ones at the start game screen). In the manual appendix, you can see them listed, together with their firing rates (amongst other info), it's only the launchers, sniper rifles and shotguns that don't have a rapid fire mode

It's not a bug.