UC in Russia - now oficially.

I translated the name. Exact title is "Kosmoflot. Voennoe Pokolenie". By the way, BC Millenium Gold

by Akella was just "Kosmoflot". This news was posted on Russian version of Akella.com. They did not the same for eng. version.(maybe they afraid of your righteous anger )

So, what about the patches, will they be available? Or it will be Final version?

And, little bit offtopic, but please answer. Is there any possibility of UC: AWA from Akella or any other russian publisher?

hehe, it is common practice for the name of games to be changed in some territories. Anyway, they licensed UC directly from Dreamcatcher and you'd think they'd tell me. I see now why there is no mention of it in the English section of their website.

Akella have the rights (they recently got it from us directly) to UCAWA and it will be released over there later this year.

Anyway, Akella - so far - are OK to work with; so this is not a big deal to me.

btw, do you have a direct link to the page? I'd like to see what the box shot looks like.

quote:

Akella have the rights (they recently got it from us directly) to UCAWA and it will be released over there later this year.

quote:

btw, do you have a direct link to the page? I'd like to see what the box shot looks like.

http://www.akella.com/ru/newsarchive/2005/07/15/univcombat/ -, but there's no boxshot, only text topic.

So, what about version number?

The Russian UC version is either 2.00.30 RC12 or RC14. I sent them RC12 as the official GM, then I later sent them an RC14 update (just new EXE files).

The English patches are not compatible with ANY other version and we will not be releasing region specific patches. If you apply the English patch to the Russian version, all the scenario text and some of the localized menus will be overwritten.

To get around that, you'd have to probably try something like this:

1. Backup *.zip (four files) in the DATA folder
  2. Backup LANGUAGE.LNG file
  3. Apply the English patch (e.g. RC17)
  4. Copy the backed up [Russian] files back

Anyway, I'm sure Akella will probably be releasing their own Russian patches after I give them instructions on how to do it.

Myself, have learned some of their language (Russian)....I personally feel that if they have the brains and the willingness to participate though, (an of course know English too )...that they be allowed to participate on the servers in UC atleast.

I speak as myself, NOT representing Prime either in this case btw, but any nationality, then be allowed to if they choose, nothing more, to be with us...any team or group, or upon their own accord as well

• 4 weeks later...