Game doesn't start

KOPCAP

Hi,all.

I got a problem with UC and I dont think that anybody have posted it.

Ok. I installed UC. Started it. No problem, game was just fine, then I closed it and started it again. I did that a couple of time( five or six I think). I had no problem whatsoever.

On the next day I tried playing it again and it wasnt working at all. I tried a few times with no luck. I reinstalled it, even reistalled my system again. It didnt helped. Then I got a patch, but still nothing.

Now how it looked like. When I run the uc.exe I hear cd-rom working and see picture with soldiers and the name of the game "battlecruiser"(or with "universal combat" if with a patch) and then nothing like I havent even started it.

I dont know what I should do know. Please help.

quote:

the name of the game "battlecruiser"(or with "universal combat" if with a patch)

Sorry but this don't make much sense. There is no name change with a patch. Make sure you have the right patch for the right game.

It would help to know exactally what happens when you try to start the game. As well as some specifics, like what OS you are using? what video card and sound card do you have? dx version? video and sound card driver versions?Are you using the short cut? Have you tried opening the UC folder and using the EXE directly? What do you see when you try to start, ect.

The events and occurences could give a clue as to what is hanging up.

If you go to the file download section the trouble shooting faq may have what you need.

Picaso, we appreciate your trying to help. But the reason we have the "SYSTEM PROFILE" button is a requirement in everyons signatures (which you don't by the way) is so we don't have to ask questions like "what video card do you have" and "what sound card driver version are you using"

If you look in KOPCAP's signature and click on "SYSTEM PROFILE INFO" all those questions you'll be answered.

Also, you need to get that info in your own sig ASAP.

Thanks for trying to help.

I think you got me wrong(probably my lame explanation). The game was running at first so I think it is not min reqs for the game. It was worknig just fine when I installed it, but o the next day when I tried launching it again I couldnt.

What happens when you run your uc.exe is you see a picture with soldiers and spaceships. That's as far as I go everytime I try launching the game. When I opened folder with UC I couldnt find UCCONFIG.INI. Maybe it got to do something with it.

I didnt installed anything so I dont think it is other programs.

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

If there is no UCCONFIG.INI, the game won't start.

However the FAQ does say this...

quote:

Q. HOW DO I REVERT TO THE DEFAULT GAME CONFIGURATION SETTINGS?

A. Quit UC and use Explorer to delete the UCCONFIG.INI file which resides in the folder where the game is installed. The game will create a new one at startup. You can then go to CONFIG and change the settings as desired.

So maybe no UCCONFIG.INI is just a consequence of the game not starting. Anyway I have deleted my unconfig.ini and UC subsequently started just fine.

Here is a link to a thread where someone experienced and fixed the same (or similar) problem. In his case I believe he put the CD in the drive he didn't install from. Although I've tried that on my computer and it worked fine.

http://dreamcatcherinteractive.com/forums/...&threadid=14963