Regarding data/*.ini

Baloogan

For the single player version of uc, could we have the md5 check removed? But the multiplayer version still checks the md5...

Seems like such a great system for the end user to edit uc...

Why not just compile the files into the executable if we cant edit the files?

in the data folder in your uc installation are all these lovley fully documented ripe inis to edit... but they are md5 digest protected...

you can edit most everything... from how many marines you have to storage capacaties.

quote:

Originally posted by Baloogan:

in the data folder in your uc installation are all these lovley fully documented ripe inis to edit... but they are md5 digest protected...

you can edit most everything... from how many marines you have to storage capacaties.

OK ...OK... there is another post on this,I believe.Apparently ,the SC has these files on 'lockdown'.

If I am wrong,'Sorry About That'.

Why dont you all just quit the griping. Personaly I think that we all need to leave the SC alone on this and let him release unlocked ini's if he so wishes. I know that if I had to deal with this much flack I would just forget it. So dont rune our chances of ever being able to mod this awsome game.

• 3 months later...

Moved

quote:

Originally posted by Stargazer:

I've done numerous searches on the forums here to see if this question had been posted yet, and I haven't found it. If it's already been answered, I apologize.

I was messing around with editing the INI files in the data directory, changing some prices and all that good stuff. My problem is that the game now crashes when I attempt to start a roam scenario.

Basically, I just wanted to find out if editing these files has been disabled in some way (for multiplayer purposes possibly?).

If editing isn't disabled, then I'll know I'm changing a value somewhere that's too high or low or something. If it IS disabled, then I'll know and I won't have to bother with finding the hidden problem.

If editing is disabled, is there any way ro re-enable it? I don't play multiplayer at all, I pretty much only play the roam scenario.

Thanks in advance for your help!

also see Mods: File ASSETS.INI authenticity verification failed

and have a look at the GBS-II For Battlecruiser Millennium Gold threads most of whats is relevant to UC.