Forum Lockdown (again)

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Mrxknown:

Hmm...I don't recall worshipping Derek, I mean yeah I've held sacifaces and such in his name while yelling words I can't compehend in hopes of getting an email from him, but HEY we all have done it at least once, right?

hehe j/k

I dunno the story, but I have never had any problems on this forum. I don't post with a seeming interest to fight nor spam hate to someone who didn't even delete my post. If they did I'd just do witchcraft to them so I would have one more slave to work on my ship in space.

[sorry if I seem crazy, Christmas is just coming so soon!]

JESUS SC!!!! What are you putting in your games!!? This is subliminal control......

• 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Registration on the board is open again. Mods please be deligent and do not hesitate to delete and ban the profiles of offenders. No need to run it by me first, just do it.

received and understood.

• 1 month later...

Some of you probably missed all the excitement of last night, but the forum is on a lockdown once again.

No new registrations are allowed until further notice. Because of this, the forum is open to the public for viewing only.

[ 03-05-2004, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Yeah I got to see all of it... about 30 cloned threads of the SA article. I sincerely doubt Lowtax would have approved of such considering the unoriginality... then again if you had a guest book...

Even so it was completely stupid and totally immature and in the end is only going to hurt those who legitimately play the game and legitimately want information about the game.

I saw it.. Watched/listened to the links as well..

Such a waste of talent and harddisk space. That review was obviously written from inside a padded cell.

I had been away from BC soo long, I had no idea what you guys had been going through...

The shear amount and intensity of the heckling is a clear indication of two things:

1. So many just don't understand BC. They live in a narrow/linear gaming world that is a FPS rat maze. When the rat no longer has the maze, he chases his tail in confusion, because he cannot make a world of decisions for himself.

2. Let me first say I don't worship/fanboy SC, being chewed out multiple times is not fun, but striking back is not a solution in his house.

OK, for the meat:

I don't like to use the word "visionary," in gaming, but if I could make a list of "visionary" designers, that truely inspired players, and gaming oriented hardware developers, they would be:

Richard Garriot

Derek Smart

John Carmack

I have not forgot Wizardry and Elder Scrolls, but don't have time to look em up.

All people don't always understand our visions, perhaps its beyond their 'perception of reality,' or how we convey such ideas to them. Such people will seperate themselves, and try to draw others to 'their side of the line.'

Such greatness has always, through time, attracted thoughs who shared the vision equally as repelled those who did not, in the same magnitude.

I need not give examples of people, we are intelligent enough to come up w/ a few. Some were thought to be fanatics, some false prophets. Branded by the same breed of mazelss rats, confined within their own limited and closed perspectives...

That is all.

ProX

it's just sad.

some people have too much time on their hands and messing up a forum is really below kindergarten mentality.

could there be some sort of auto-(temporary)revoke someones posting rights after say 25-50 people have reported their post?

Cheers

quote:

Originally posted by typhio:

could there be some sort of auto-(temporary)revoke someones posting rights after say 25-50 people have reported their post?

Cheers

No. They just get banned with NO chance of EVER coming back.

quote:

Cheers

As the SC said, we just ban them, without an chance of coming back.

Sometimes it takes a lot to get banned, other times it just takes once, depending on the violation. Common sense is pretty much the word on that. Although common sense is not all that common anymore.

This guy obviously wanted to get banned, and he obviously wanted to be noticed.

This was a stunt, an immature, stupid stunt to be sure, and it wasted about an hour of my time last night, to say that I am a little angry would be an understatement.

So, as I figured, the forum is locked down once again. It makes the admin's jobs easier that is for certain... And I always like it when my job is easy, expecially after last night, makes me appreciate the tight ship we run here.

Yeah I understand what you've written SC and Jaguar and I am all for kicking butt.

My idea was that if there is a lack of presence from forum mods there would be a way to prohibit asswipes messing up the forum by non moderator members.

It was kinda strange to see how the idiot went rampage without the ability to do anything.

By temp-ban I meant that the person have their posting privs revoked until an authorized moderator could come online and either kick the ass outof here or if in an event of error from the forum community revoke the posting prohibition.

btw thx for keeping the forum clean

Cheers

the max a moderator would not be on, is normally about 3 hours. Pug being in Germany, can be on when most of us are asleep etc.

I know that I check in here at least once every 3 hours between 8AM and 11PM PST.

The guy got REAL lucky last night, I was busy building a website, so didn't het here until the damage had been done.

Normally 3 hours is the max that moderator won't be here, and max that such posts will remain.

quote:

Cheers

25-50 that's rather lenient. I'd say any poster that got more than 3 or more report posts from a single message they wrote is due for a ban.

Guest Fox__Trot

Yeah true but it sure helped me fill my post quota (kidding kidding..)

Serriously though Jaguar I rember you couldnt delete posts in some of the fourms (the newer ones - including the rubish thread and such) did you ever get rights for those?

quote:

Originally posted by Fox__Trot:

Serriously though Jaguar I rember you couldnt delete posts in some of the fourms (the newer ones - including the rubish thread and such) did you ever get rights for those?

Go to this post and you will see that I got a promotion!!

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

quote:

Same here Jaguar!

Now that there are more of us with access to the CP Spammers don't stand a chance around here.

quote:

quote:

Another example of Evolution in action even on the internet.

Guest Fox__Trot

Besides! now that this has been put on the top of the fourm community I can pretend like I never saw the signature... oh wait never mind forget what I was saying

quote:

Besides! now that this has been put on the top of the fourm community I can pretend like I never saw the signature... oh wait never mind forget what I was saying

Thanks for reminding me it's about time you fell into line with that sig.

quote:

Remember commanders, your sig has to be an authorized sig, NO unauthorized Sig's on this forum.

I have been seeing some interesting sig's, such as you are at such and such an IP, you are using IE6 etc in sigs.

These are not authorized, along with a few others that I have seen.

Remove them please, if you have questions, please ask them here, but the Blatant and obvious ones, you know who you are, please remove them.

It is Thursday, if I see one on Monday, they will be removed, along with your profile.

Thank you!!

That post by Jag was a month ago specifically pointed out your sig but you have failed to change it even thought you have admitted you read it.

Well looks like I'll have to edit your sig for you, others may not be as kind.

Wonderful job Jag, Remo, Chav. Gratz on promotions

Saddly though... nothings impossible, when these forums open up again someone will try this again in the future. No matter how many mods, how many admins we have someone will monitor the movements of such persons and figure out a certain time that they can do the most damage

Granted this person was a child in what he did, and obviously thinks that the internet is a right, wrong.. being on the internet is a PRIVALAGE! And that priv. can be taken away

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

No matter how many mods, how many admins we have someone will monitor the movements of such persons and figure out a certain time that they can do the most damage

Heh, no - we are scattered all around the world, and thus on all the time...

Best regards