How Do I...

vogelap

How do I jump into a craft that's already launched from my carrier?

For example, I'd like to be able to launch a fighter from my carrier (with my AE NOTon board the fighter), then jump into the cockpit of the fighter and pilot it down to a planet to have a look around.

I'd just like to pop into the fighter to check out their status -- kinda seeing things from their vantage point, rather than trudge all the way down to the launch bays, suit up, and get into a fighter...

Waiting for those turbolifts can be boring! 8-)

Is what I'm requesting even possible?

quote:

Originally posted by vogelap:

I'd just like to pop into the fighter to check out their status -- kinda seeing things from their vantage point, rather than trudge all the way down to the launch bays, suit up, and get into a fighter...

Waiting for those turbolifts can be boring! 8-)

Is what I'm requesting even possible?

That's the way it worked in BC3K but not in BCM. In BCM you have to physically enter the craft either by walking or launch it, exit your craft and then enter your support craft by using the Alt-D method (not very smart but possible).

Gotcha. Thanks for the tip... I remembered this functionality from BC3K, and, honestly, I liked it for the flexibility of being able to pop into various crafts to "see what they're seeing". I liked to launch a BUNCH of different things, and then to be able to check up on them by popping in.

I understand why it was removed for BCM (to enhance the RPG feel), but I sure do miss the old feature!

quote:

Originally posted by buckthesystem:

I assume you're refering to the wishlist type post I made. My thoughts exactly looking back

cripes, I sounded like a noob, (i rate myself as a quasi-noob now ) SC, please ignore wishlist item in my prior post

You should've deleted your post - like I just did.

BTW - there is no such thing as a quasi-noob. There are only noobs and vets

TTFN

quote:

If you want to "see what they see" simply target your support craft and hit F10. It will give you a view of whatever you are targeting.

I know about that, $ilk, but that just shows the CRAFT. I'd like to see through their eyes, so to speak...