Easier way to travel fast (with aslow ship)

Gustavo

Here is the way I use to travel fast in long ranges. Be carefull because you shouldn't do this with hostile ships around. I only use this technic traveling in calm areas.

It's very easy (and I don't know how I couldn't think about it before)

Lauch a shuttle and ask it to tow you . When you arrive where you want to go, order the shuttle to tow nothing (bottom of menu) and dock it again.

The big things here are:

- you don't waste fuel.

- the shuttle is much faster than ANY carrier.

- you don't need rechard time.

I bet that SC wouldn't let this happen without some kind of, haa... disadvantage, but I haven't found any (yet).

Fly high, Fly faster

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Have you patched? The SC changed that that it takes more time towed by a shuttle than with the CC alone.

But you still don't waste fuel

yes, I did. I tried this operation just after install the new patch (1.04). I works very well to me. I was upgrading my engines so I was anable to jump. this was the way I found to go back to a station.

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Have you patched? The SC changed that that it takes more time towed by a shuttle than with the CC alone.

But you still don't waste fuel

Don't get confused or carried away. He didn't say anything about shuttle speeds, did he? Shuttles ARE faster than carriers and always have been. The only difference is that the shuttle speed is dependent on the size of the object being towed. Even then, depending on what the shuttle is towing, it will still be faster than the carrier its towing, in some cases.

At any rate, what he's doing is perfectly legal.

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Towing your Carrier is the only tactic i see that you can use on ACM to keep in the same place as the diplomats to protect them... you can't rely on "out of the box pilots" for protections of unarmed transport in dangerous areas even if you launch the whole squadron.

Laracuente out

• 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr_ Laracuente:

Towing your Carrier is the only tactic i see that you can use on ACM to keep in the same place as the diplomats to protect them... you can't rely on "out of the box pilots" for protections of unarmed transport in dangerous areas even if you launch the whole squadron.

Tow the diplomats, then. Instant control of where they are, when, and why.