Distracting enemies...

Anarchist

...I found out, that it works just like in Falcon 3.0. if a friendly craft you want to protect is attacked, just try a missile lock onto the attacker. no matter if out of range or not. the enemy will then let loose of his target and turn to you......and another poor soul is saved.

quote:

Originally posted by jamotto:

I will have to try that :-)

Of course now the game code will be rewritten so that the attacker will ignore the missle lock if you are out of range, no doubt.

Why? If someone got a lock on you and you see the TRACK warning in the ITD, it is up to you to ignore it or press the O key. NPCs make that decision based on threat assessment. Obviously someone launching an inbound missile, has a lock, and obviously is a greater threat than the fool you're ballet dancing with in a guns only engagement.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by jamotto:

I will have to try that :-)

Of course now the game code will be rewritten so that the attacker will ignore the missle lock if you are out of range, no doubt.

Why? If someone got a lock on you and you see the TRACK warning in the ITD, it is up to you to ignore it or press the O key. NPCs make that decision based on threat assessment. Obviously someone launching an inbound missile, has a lock, and obviously is a greater threat than the fool you're ballet dancing with in a guns only engagement.

Very true, I tried it it didn't work so I moved on.