New Products Announcement

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

It's coming....

And the best thing is, the system requirements are not too steep

Are you talking about UCG? If so, yeah. The reason I decided to do that (much like I did with BCMG) is because I realize that not everyone is going to have the horsepower to run UCAWA; especially since it requires BOTH pixel and vertex shader 1.1. So, at least UCG will be the next stop until those cheapskates upgrade.

Once the final 2.00.30 patch for UC is released this month, thats the EOL closure for that one.

As for Battlecruiser Next Gen, the Reality Engine is just stupendously amazing.

Even the BCNG's requirements arent too steep for a game that will be released at least two years later.If the requirements dont change too dramatically until then,it seems Ill be able to play it (even if at medium settings) with my current system(maybe with a modest gfx card upgrade).Good news

I won't argue with you there, SC

Well, my current system meets the requirements for BCNG as it is (I'm SOOO glad I waited an extra 6 months before upgrading ) , but I'll still hopefully have a nice powerful graphics card by then.

Shouldn't those recommended requirements for BCNG read Athlon XP 3600+?

quote:

Multiplayer Requirements

┬À Client requires 56K or broadband modem

All the way through BCNG! I'll be able to play online.

I've been worried a while that I won't be able to keep up with things online, since I live out in the sticks with no broadband option.

As for my hardware...well, I'll need to upgrade sometime in the next year. But that's alright with me, your games are well worth it.

Thanks SC and congrats. I look forward to buying all of them.

This is good news. I plan on buying the UCAWA online. Thank god the mess with dreamcatcher didn't delay the game. Oh, and as a noob, let me take this oppurtunity to personally thank SC for years of enjoyment, and for staying true to his vision. The only problem with UC was that I had to stop playing BCM when I bought it!

quote:

Originally posted by Blerm:

You know, SC, you make it rather impossible to get off these drugs you make. Just when I thought I was cured from UC addition, you come out with UC w/spice and BNG-caine.

I cry foul. Foul!

Yeah, soon we'll all be addicted to UC-AWAna

Okay - true confessions time. I have resisted in the past the urge to join these forums because I have always felt I was not hardcore enough; i.e. I have a wife and kids, a 50 hour a week job, I'm a part-time musician, and just never had the time to devote to keeping up with the game news and developments and such. I always felt like I was in the dark. Well, I've taken the plunge, but I still have way too little time to devote to reading/sifting through forums looking for answers to questions I am confused about.

I wrote the above because I will undoubtedly,sooner or later, ask a stupid question that I should have already got the answer to elsewhere in these forums. Hey, it might be right now, but here goes.

Are UC Gold and UCAWA separate products? I have just read the info pages on both and I am almost certain that they are, but I wanted verification. Moreover, assuming they are in fact two separate products, which one do I want to get if I want a more complete, "hardcore" experience? Again, based on what I have read, it seems I want UCAWA. Hell, I'd have no problem buying both - I know the money would go to a good cause (SC pumping out more awesome games), but I have to admit I got confused around the time 3000AD (wisely) dumped Dreamcatcher. Please forgive my confusion - it seems I am a little too easily confused as of late

Battlecruiser Next Gen...my life is complete. Thank you very much SC and take your time developing and perfecting it. That reality engine looks so darn good! It should be THE game I always wanted.

Anyway, I guess I will first have plenty of fun playing UCAWA!

quote:

Originally posted by Prez:

Okay - true confessions time. I have resisted in the past the urge to join these forums because I have always felt I was not hardcore enough; i.e. I have a wife and kids, a 50 hour a week job, I'm a part-time musician, and just never had the time to devote to keeping up with the game news and developments and such. I always felt like I was in the dark. Well, I've taken the plunge, but I still have way too little time to devote to reading/sifting through forums looking for answers to questions I am confused about.

I wrote the above because I will undoubtedly,sooner or later, ask a stupid question that I should have already got the answer to elsewhere in these forums. Hey, it might be right now, but here goes.

Are UC Gold and UCAWA separate products? I have just read the info pages on both and I am almost certain that they are, but I wanted verification. Moreover, assuming they are in fact two separate products, which one do I want to get if I want a more complete, "hardcore" experience? Again, based on what I have read, it seems I want UCAWA. Hell, I'd have no problem buying both - I know the money would go to a good cause (SC pumping out more awesome games), but I have to admit I got confused around the time 3000AD (wisely) dumped Dreamcatcher. Please forgive my confusion - it seems I am a little too easily confused as of late

Join the Club, I own 2 companies and usually work 12 hr days Mon-Fri & 4 to 6 Hrs. on Saturday, so it takes me A LONG time to do things in the game.

It seems to me that UCAWA Will have everything that

UC Gold will have, but in addition, it will have full control over Naval Assets, Improved explosion sequences and a few other enhancements that UC Gold Doesn't have. Both are being ported to DX9 Engine, but UC Gold won't require as hefty a Processor (1Ghz VS 2Ghz for UCAWA) Plus UCAWA will need more RAM.

So if your Machine can handle it, I Say go for UCAWA, I'm getting both, so I can run UC Gold on my Office Computer (Which is only a 1.2Ghz) and the UCAWA on my Home Computer that has all the latest toys.