Universal Combat Shipping

Supreme Cmdr

I've just ordered through SPS from Banquet's link, and would like to inform everyone that they have very cheap international delivery rates, so if you're looking to save on postage, they're worth a look at, wherever you are in the world.

What can i say in all of this...

GameStop asked me to verify credit card info at Feb 4 2004, and a few hours later, after i had sent the updated card info, my UC copy was indicated as shipped. UPS shows it "in transit" and it's in France atm. They're propably waiting untill Monday, to bring it here.

I was quite busy in RL, so i had no idea of what was going on, untill i saw the reduced game's price in my order's data...

This is my first post. Hello Community.

I have 20 bucks in my pocket, the GameStop website says the store 3 miles from here has '1-3 copies' and I am dying to get my hands on this game, since I have been a huge fan of the Battlecruiser series since Battlecruiser 3000AD first hit stores.

I won't be going to GameStop today. The original MSRP for this game, I hear, was $39.99. I would have happily paid fifty. Or sixty.

I'm not telling others what they should or shouldn't do. I'm saying what I will do. I've been an avid PC Gamer for more years than I care to mention, and we as a community have a problem.

Almost without exception, when a game is pushed out unfinished, unpolished or unplayable with the "release it now, patch it later" mindset, look no farther than the publisher.

It's like paying for a bottle of fine wine and instead receiving a box full of grapes and a note reading, "Just wait - this will ferment".

Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a sermon. What I do want to say is that Mr. Smart, you have my sympathies and support, as you always have. As a previous poster mentioned, if there is a way to contribute a donation, I'd happily send the difference your way. Failing that, I think I'll just wait.

Olias

Okay, I picked up my copy last night. Thank you for the stance you have taken towards your customers regarding this.

If it makes you feel any better, I did buy two different copies of BCM. Once when it first came out and once relatively recently when I wanted to take another romp through the ol' galaxy and could find the book but not the disk. So I guess we're square.

Looks great so far!

Best of luck to you on your proceedings with Dreamcatcher, I know what it's like when the lawyers get involved.

Olias

• 2 weeks later...

Hm. While I'm waiting for my copy my wife ordered for me as a surprise, I checked out a local EB -- I wanted to look at the box art before it arrived.

All I can say is that I'm disappointed by the DC mess. Guess how many UCs were on the shelf?

Zero.

The guy at the store said they had returned the two they did have(!) I asked why. He said (his words) that the guy who made UC was sueing the publisher and that it was part of that mess.

Well, I got to hand it to that EB employee to actually know that much details within his job. My hat's off to him! But I'm wondering -- has anyone else seen this at their stores? Or is that particular EB just being weird?

(Before anyone points out the obvious, some stores must be carrying it else there wouldn't be people posting "I just bought it at my store" around here or people having tech support issues. I'm just wondering if anyone else has observed this kind of problem.)

quote:

Originally posted by Joel Schultz:

The guy at the store said they had returned the two they did have(!) I asked why. He said (his words) that the guy who made UC was sueing the publisher and that it was part of that mess.

Thats complete rubbish. Please send me PM with the name of the EB store where you go this information.

If they were returning it to the publisher, they won't have it for sale at *any* EB store. Stupid mininum wage employees. You can always count on them for accurate information.

Fact is, the game is sold out at most places

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

I've just ordered through SPS from Banquet's link, and would like to inform everyone that they have very cheap international delivery rates, so if you're looking to save on postage, they're worth a look at, wherever you are in the world.

Could you post a link ?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Will UC and further titles be localised in Russia in some way? Like it was w/BCMG, localised by Akella. Or may be there some way to buy an english version here, not online (because shipping fees to Russia are HUGE, sometimes even more than the whole games costs)?

P.S. Sorry for not having sys profile info. I'm currently exchanging mail w/Akella support about receiving proper CD-key from them.

The only localization that is done for our games is the translation of the manuals, box etc. And thats done by the publishers.

We have no intentions of doing any in-game localizations of our games. Too much work and hassles for too little benefit.

Akella could not have localized our game because they do not have access to the source code. So I have no idea what you're talking about.

As for the CDKEY, when Akella obtained the rights from Dreamcatcher Europe, they should have been provided with CDKEYs because we provided them with 100K CDKEYs. If they sell the game without a CDKEY, thats irresponsible of them knowing how important it is to have one.

We cannot legally sell UC direct to anyone because Dreamcatcher has the retail rights.

ps: Asking a non-technical or game related question does not require that you have a registration profile. So, you're ok.