Night at the movies - Tomb Raider : The Cradle Of Life

Supreme Cmdr

OK, I'm a BIG Angelina Jolie fan. I mean BEEG fan.

Nevertheless, given the first film (which, to me, was so-so), I went to see this one without ANY expectations.

Boy was I surprised!!!

It was well done, very well acted and NOTHING done over-the-top (except for the shark part - but, since its Lara, we gotta have sharks ). I was totally surprised by this movie. Highly entertaining and not a SINGLE dull moment in the 2hr showing.

9/10 (It loses a point because I don't like the final part of the ending. You'll know when you see it)

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

Ditto SC I agree totally. See what having a good action director like Jan De Bont can do for a film?

Imagine how much ass it would have sucked if McG directed it?

Too bad it didn't help it at the box office. According to something I read on MSN, the movie opened at $21m which is not even half of what the original opened at. And there is speculation that the late release of the latest game and the buggy nature (hence lower sales), helped tank the movie.

quote:

And there is speculation that the late release of the latest game and the buggy nature (hence lower sales), helped tank the movie.

I'm sure thats true but the only thing that is holding the franchise together at this point is Angelina Jolie. At least I hope thats true. Cuz everything else left of the franchise sucks.

Some of our late night Tomb Raider shows in the big 485 auditoriums on Saturday were swapped with Bad Boys. Even in the smaller 205 auditorium, it was barely half-full. Bad Boys sold out.

I haven't seen it yet, but I want to...from the previews alone, it looks like they did a much better job and took the movie a little more seriously than the first one. James Bond meets Indiana Jones with a heroine instead of a hero....sounds like a winning combo