Dune

Commander Jamont

Well, whichever movie you preferred, I heard the director of the mini-series has been granted permission (and has already begun working on) a movie that will encapsulate the next two Dune books into another mini-series. So, two books into a 6 hour (sorta) sitting. Considering the second book was somewhat thin, I don't see this being a problem...but they'll never be able to squeeze Leto Atreides life and symbiosis(sp?) with the sandtrout in that time frame.

Aw well.

The spice monopoly by Arrakis was broken when the Bene Tleilax finally made synthetic spice. The Spacing Guild lost their monopoly on space travel when IX made a non-thinking computer capable of guiding a ship much better than a guild navigator. Arrakis became a burning ball of slag after the Honored Matres used their special device (secret weapon) which totally obliterated a planet's atmosphere.

Hmmm.. Futars are so cute! rrrooooowrrr!!

quote:

Originally posted by Gryphon:

Well, whichever movie you preferred, I heard the director of the mini-series has been granted permission (and has already begun working on) a movie that will encapsulate the next two Dune books into another mini-series. So, two books into a 6 hour (sorta) sitting. Considering the second book was somewhat thin, I don't see this being a problem...but they'll never be able to squeeze Leto Atreides life and symbiosis(sp?) with the sandtrout in that time frame.

Aw well.

Yep. You can find that here: http://www.scifi.com/dune/feat15.html .

Dune is a very good book but i have not read any of the others accept the House Atreides prequel. If you like the dune universe you might want to try westwood's new RTS Emperor: Battle For Dune. It uses a different story line set in the dune universe.

There is also a game called Dune, which is a action/RPG game that is set during Paul's time with the fremen. Dune Generations is a MMOG where you control your own house, it could be mercenary, military or trader. Combat plays like a RTS and every so often the most powerfull player (each player is a house) gets control of Dune. Check Dune2k for details on all three games.