Trailer - Superman Returns

Raziel

• 5 months later...

I think we're going to be pleasantly surprised at the quality of the presentation, but I just personally have a hard time getting behind this Superman, Routh just seems a little too pretty and skinny. He's got a good honest look, but he looks real young, and I just think he should have been ... thicker, for lack of a better term.

I am sooo excited about the X-men movie. Superman not so much, but neither was I all that interested in 'Batman' until the reviews started rolling in. Wow, was I surprised! Maybe it'll be the same with 'Superman'.

Lol! I never thought that age 36 I would be getting all a-twitter about the same things that excited me when I was 6!!

I guess I am truly "forever young".

Of all the things to get in pissing contests about... Sheesh!

These characters appeal to people for different reasons, and liking both is possible, but they're apples and oranges. Superman's great because he's NOT dark Scriv. Superman will not be a gorefest with hardcore sexuality or terrifying and depraved departures into mental aberrancy. (Not that such things describe Batman, but I'm anticipating one of Scriv's normal reviews.) Believe it or not, that's NOT because the directors and editors were censored by Hollywood execs afraid to stir the moral center of the American middle class!

The flying man in blue tights has lasted in spite of the blue tights (not because of them) because we like to see wonder and goodness. That's not what's great about Batman, but it's good enough for my nine bucks.

i am not sure what expectations you are referring to SC... I mean it's superman yeah, but it isn't some original concept. It'll just look a little better.

But I doubt they could top batman as well.

Well I try to have a measureable amount of expectations to a movie and try not to get the hype.

It's Superman and all, but I think the story will be something special. No eye candy can undo a lousy storyline.

Now the videogame that looks interesting and I;m glad they pushed it back for the DVD release than pushing for the movie. Shows they want to polish it up and not rush it. However, even that doesn't prove the game will be better gameplay-wise.

You just can expect one thing to be perfect, since the movie/game/whatever isn't made just for you, it's made for a general audience.

• 1 month later...