Movie - X-Men : Last Stand

Supreme Cmdr

After reading this, I'm a little gunshy to go and see it.

Sure, one doesn't need to take the comments of critics to heart. But seriously, if Brett screwed up this film as is porported, there's going to be hell to pay!!

That is why you shouldn't go into a movie expecting anything. I went in for the ride and what a ride it was. If the critic in your link had any neurons still firing.... ahh nevermind.

Critics suck anyway.

I just came back from seeing it. Yep, he's full of crap.

I too grew up on comics and I simply do NOT see how it could have been remotely possible to do the full Dark Phoenix story arc in such a film.

The movie was great and I had a blast. I plan on seeing it again before it ends.

Ignore the critics. The movie is the typical Summer popcorn fare and does not disappoint.

10/10

ps: WHATEVER you do, STAY until ALL the credits have rolled off BEFORE leaving. Yes, you'd have to stay for about 10-15 mins after the movie ends, but really, you MUST or you'll miss something VERY critical. I have NO idea why they did that (i.e. put that piece after the credits)!!!

Guest $iLk

Loved it... the only problem I had was the complete change in Professor X's character.

I do agree with the SC... you can't do the whole Phoenix arc in a movie... just like Spider Man 3 won't have Spider-man getting the black costume from the Secret Wars storyline as "Captain Universe" or whatever the hell was going on with that.

The Dark Phoenix story arc actually began in the second movie, X-men United. It is concluded (maybe) in The last Stand. ;D

I hope they will continue with future offerings from The X-Men and The Fantastic Four as well.

I saw it and give it a 8/10

Yes I enjoyed it, but if a movie DOES NOT stop me from thinking wait this is a movie. Then it didn't do it's job to keep my attention. I found it rather boring in some parts, but overall a good movie.

But just like the other two movies it IS NOT enoughfor me to buy a copy.

I saw this one tonight with Cars, and well... meh...

It was ok, but felt a little disjointed, almost like there was supposed to be more discourse and meat between the explosive scenes.

6/10

I saw it last weekend. My general feeling was "great movie!", but I didn't like it as much as the first two. Mostly because it felt like two movies' worth of material crammed into one.

I would have like to have seen this one stretched into two films, so the 'Phoenix' story could be properly explored. It didn't feel quite as epic because in places it felt rushed.

Where was the ultimate showdown between Juggernaut and Wolverine? I kept waiting for it, and it didn't materialize. The Iceman/Pyro fight was short and unsatisfying, considering the build-up. Many things that I think should have happened didn't, and others that I thought should have been momentous occasions (like the deaths of Cyclops and Xavier, and the "humanizing" of Magneto and the blue-hottie what's her name) were treated as footnotes.

Too bad. Had the full story been properly explored, it would have been an astounding 10/10. As it is, in its incomplete-feeling state, I give it 7/10.

BTW, Storm is still wicked HOT!

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

SC what did they put in after the credits? I couldnt leave fast enough and i missed it.

...that would be spoiling it for others who have not seen it.

Race, someone tried to send you a PM and it bounced because the email address in your profile is incorrect. Please fix it because if another of your PMs (or emails) bounces, your profile will be deactivated.