So what about Cheney the war Veep?

Steve. Did anybody say that you had to serve to be considered for the Presidency? If any of us that think Bush is a tool said that it would be news to me. On the otherhand when you seek to equate your service in the National Guard with Kerry's in theater it serves to make one wonder. I have watched the spamming of these forums with the Swift Boat lies.

Here are the FACTS of Bush's service. People can then decide for themselves what the real deal is. Have patience with the video, it starts on the aircraft carrier but then gets to the past and it's humorous. I might like to drink a beer with Bush just cause I find party animals humorous and I often wonder if I can out drink the President.

Here's the video: President Bush the Top Gun

quote:

You are dreaming, Kerry already lost 10% of the veteran vote and it's accelerating.

Kerry and the Dem's are imploding and you are off in lala land saying they are going to win.

I really don't know exactly where you get such a perspective, but I can say this: Here, in DALLAS TEXAS, I listen to the MOST active repeaters within the metroplex. To judge by the perspective of ACTIVE politicians, and your general HAM laymen...BUSH has got to go...is the theme.

EVERYWHERE, I go...(resteraunts, coffee shops, and even at the county club)I am hearing "REPUBLICANS" stating the same thing: "Bush has GOT to go"

Now, I am not the smartest man in the world, but just by listening...I would say, the BUSH days, are about over.

Takvah, I wasn't referring to your post, I was referring to Terran Marine's.

The reason I posted those lists is to show how many former presidents were generals. As we approached modern times, the ranks have decreased, probably due to 1) the world seeing less total global conflict, and 2) perhaps the electorate is less interested in a military president (Wesley Clark was the highest ranking officer to get that close to a campaign).

It could be that during the early years, military service (and command military service) were the most visible forms of leadership to a young country. Today, we have other ways to demonstrate leadership qualities.

At the very least, the lists put Kerry's and Bush's squabbling over service into a larger context, considering that they were just Lieutenants compared to their predecessors who were Generals and Supreme Allied Commanders.

quote:

Originally posted by street:

quote:

You are dreaming, Kerry already lost 10% of the veteran vote and it's accelerating.

Kerry and the Dem's are imploding and you are off in lala land saying they are going to win.

I really don't know exactly where you get such a perspective, but I can say this: Here, in DALLAS TEXAS, I listen to the MOST active repeaters within the metroplex. To judge by the perspective of ACTIVE politicians, and your general HAM laymen...BUSH has got to go...is the theme.

EVERYWHERE, I go...(resteraunts, coffee shops, and even at the county club)I am hearing "REPUBLICANS" stating the same thing: "Bush has GOT to go"

Now, I am not the smartest man in the world, but just by listening...I would say, the BUSH days, are about over.

You will know them by the company they keep.

The polls are showing Bush going up, and Kerry losing some of the major constituencies of the undecideds. As well as the fact that many of the Reagan Democrats are coming back to the fold.

Kerry is a liberal, would not know how to run a war if he was president, and wouldn't fight if we were attacked. His voting record makes that starkingly obvious.

Bush has been the governor of one of the largest states in the US, and has been at the controls of the war on terror for the last years, and has been beyond successful in my and other peoples estimation.

The economy is roaring back, taxes are still going down, and the government coffers are filling up. Yes, the government is actually taking in more money then they were before.

Anyone that complains about the deficits is pretty clueless of the economy and what a deficit actually is, and why it is sometimes good to run a deficit, but I digress.

There really is only one choice, and that is President Bush, and many people are coming to that realization, as the polls are showing.

I make 2 predictions.

During and after the convention, President Bush will gain at least 7-10 points in the polls.

Come September-October, Kerry will have a MAJOR meltdown on National television that will basically do him and his campaign in.

Bush has this election in the bag, all the important criteria are indeed showing this to be true.

Bush will win a 2nd term, with at least 40 states, possibly 45.

The left is in major meltdown, and you guys don't see it?

It is as plain as the nose on your faces, and yet you fail to see it?

I have heard of ignoring the elephant in the living room, but you guys are just too much.

The Republican convention is just starting, Bush is going to get a major push 5-10 points, probably around 7, then The Swiftboat vets have barely gotten started, and that is really gonna kick Kerry in the butt.

The man is a narcisist, he cannot handle this, he will meltdown.

Bush has this in the bag, 40 states at least, and if it really goes down the toilet for Kerry, 45.

I went from E-1 to E-4 in less then 10 months, and if I joined the national guard RIGHT now, they would make me an E-6 as soon as I finished NCO school.

There is NOTHING wrong with being promoted quickly, it means that A: the slots were open, and B: you did the job and they rewarded him for it.

You obviously have never been in the military, it is glaringly obvious.

But getting 3 purple hearts, a bronze star and a silver star with a V, and the V, WTF is that, silver stars DON'T come with a V, in less than 4 months is NOT questionable.

Ahh, more hypocrisy, I just love watching you toss it at Bush, but can't take it when it is aimed at Kerry.

And that is one of the biggest pieces of fiction I have yet to see come from the smear merchants against Bush, but it's not the evidence, it's the seriousness of the charges I guess.

Sorry Takvah, propaganda, as usual.

And becoming a 2nd lieutenant after school, is EXACTLY how it works, considering 2nd luey is the LOWEST officer rank there is!!

What a bunch facutally challenged idiots.

[ 08-25-2004, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

quote:

Originally posted by street:

quote:

Hmm, really?

ROFLMAO!!!

Politicalwire

quote:

Poll Shows Kerry Hurt By Attacks

Political Wire got an advance look at the new Los Angeles Times poll showing President Bush "moving slightly" ahead of Sen. John Kerry "for the first time this year." Bush had the support of 49% of registered voters, compared to 46% for Kerry.

The newspaper's analysis indicates Kerry "has been nicked by attacks on his service in Vietnam."

The "small shift" from last month's poll "is within the poll's margin of error. But it fits with other findings in the Times Poll showing the electorate edging toward Bush over the past month on a broad range of measures, from support for his handling of Iraq to confidence in his leadership and honesty."

Independent voters split evenly, but Bush's "tentative new advantage" seems to be "his greater success at onsolidating his base. While just 3% of voters who call themselves Republicans say they will vote for Kerry, Bush is drawing 15% just over one-seventh of all Democrats, and fully one-fifth 20% of Democrats who consider themselves moderate or conservative, the poll found."

Whoops, and Bush is NOT getting ahead? ROFLMAO!!

Too good, and the convention hasn't even started.

Kerry is in DEEP kaka, he got NO bounce from his convention, and Bush is already getting a bounce and the Republican convention hasn't even occurred yet.

Kerry is imploding, and I love watching it, and I love watching you guys trying to spin it.

I just love the smell of Democrat desperation in the morning.