Lawsuits

Well here's one to start off with September 24, 2004 -- A Manhattan jury has awarded $28.5 million to a student whose leg was mangled and head crushed when she was hit by a subway train as she knelt to pick up her Bible.

This folks is why each of us have to pay more and more each year for things. I'm sorry for her pain and suffering but this was totally her fault.

I'm no fan of the MTA but this is just crazy. Let me explain why:

I ride the subway all the time and let me tell you that these trains just don't pull into a station open the doors close the doors and pull out in lickedy split time.

1:when Huang got off an F train at West 23rd Street and Sixth Avenue and dropped a Bible she'd been reading for a School of Visual Arts class.

2:Huang, who was then standing on the platform, had bent down to pick up the book - which was lying on the ground near the closed car door - when the train suddenly started pulling out of station and whacked her in the head, her court papers say.

1: What a ditz. You drop something that close to a train you 1: either kick it further towards the center of the platform 2:you wait till the train pulls out (if you don't want to do step 1).

2:This is how it works. The train pulls in comes to a stop the conductor opens the door the people exit he looks back and forth closes the door presses a button twice that buzzes to the train drivers cabin that it's okay to proceed. Now look at the above evidence the doors were closed when she decides to bend down to pick up that stupid book which means that the conductor had already sent the all clear to the train driver which means the train driver had started the move process for the train. No matter how attentive the conductor was these massive weight trains cannot stop on a dime (law of physics here too). Once she bent down she started down that road and it was too late.

Here's quite a few more that will drive you nuts

One Example:

McDonald's Sued Again Over Coffee

Another plaintiff is suing McDonald's, Wal-Mart, the cup manufacturer and even her own mother over spilled coffee.

The southern Illinois woman claimed that a cup of coffee she bought at the drive-through window in 1998 spilled and scalded her ankle. She says the coffee was allegedly served at a temperature too hot for consumption, and hot enough to scald the human body. The coffee spilled and burned her after she placed it in a cup holder in her motherÔÇÖs car.

The suit seeks $450,000 from Short Enterprises, from cup maker Cobb Manufacturing and Wal-Mart, the manufacturer of the cup holder. She also accuses her mother of negligence, saying she is responsible for the safety of others riding in her vehicle.

McDonalds posts warnings on all its coffee cups that the contents are hot.

Couple Sues McDonald's Over Tough Bagel

PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. ÔÇôÔÇô A couple is suing the franchisee of a McDonald's restaurant, claiming an improperly prepared bagel damaged the husband's teeth and their marriage.

John and Cecelia O'Hare sued Friday for unspecified damages more than $15,000. They alleged the McDonald's, owned by Johnstone Foods Inc., was negligent and violated an "implied warranty that the food sold was reasonably fit for human consumption."

They contend in the suit that John O'Hare broke teeth and bridgework on Feb. 1, 2002 when he bit into the bagel. The suit did not say what exactly was wrong with the bagel.

The suit alleges the wife "lost the care, comfort, consortium and society of her husband." The couple's attorney, Tim Warner, did not return telephone messages left at his office.

Tracey Johnstone, owner of Johnstone Foods, said she never before had a bagel complaint and had no idea how it could have been prepared in a way that would damage teeth.

"It's a bagel," she said.

Mcdonalds is really a target isn't it. Ever since that first hot coffee incident. Most of the other lawsuits listed are not against Mcdonalds but still leave you scratching your head saying "What the #$%^".

It's not descending there, it is there. It all starts at schools and education, first the kids are told that NOTHING is their fault, it's all the fault of others. If they are stupid, it's not their fault, it's the fault of others for calling them dumb, if they are clumsy it's not their fault, it's the fault of others for pointing that out. Then of course it progresses to someone doing something clumsy and dumb and realizing what they have been taught "it's not my fault, so I don't have to take responsibility" and of course suing.

Then there's the double shot, diversity and nonjudgementalism. People don't point out stupidity anymore. They don't get up in arms about it and don't put an end to it because we aren't supposed to judge, no matter what, it's not supposed to be wrong, it's just supposed to be different.

Then there's the dying breed, "This is stupid, where's my ... I'm putting a stop to this"

That's exactly why there was this incident two months back that a college girl was dragged over 5 blocks, raped and beaten and nobody interfered, nobody stoped and beat the crap out of that guy, nobody even called the cops, everyone who saw it just watched. I hate to say this but from what I've seen, most people "here in bay area" are just a bunch of low lives that berkley, San Francisco, the public education system, and other institutions that do not educate students on honor, respect, moral standings, right and wrong, I guess pretty much all universities, turn out by the thousands.

And then the population wonders why this society is the way it is and why things like this happen. But it's ok, because they forget about it the next day anyway....

Soback is right

Ever since the school's turned to the government for help we've been going down hill in that area

That's why a lot of us no longer call schools "Public" due to some interesting thing's that have been going on

For example

At my old high school, our principle was a Kerry fan and he would tell students to VOTE Kerry and not Bush and in some case's, he would tell student's that it's "ok" to riot

That right there is why most school's are called "Liberal" because most people who are incharge of them are democrat's who could care less about educating the future, they only care about there pocket book

The sad fact about this, is that people are to blind to notice that our school's are the primery problem in today's sceitie

The sooner the school system switch's back to being state run the sooner our problem's will start to go away, but that's not going to happen.. as long as the school system get's government funds