Jump to content
3000AD Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kalshion

Story in the Tampa Newspaper (liberals beware)

Recommended Posts

Before reading, keep in mind I'm putting this here cause I'm unsure if it fall's under humor, seriousness or political.. but it does have some political meaning.. anywho.. here

Got this through the work e-mail wire and also from my father, so it's circulating quite good

quote:

Story in Tampa Newspaper

Will we still be the Country of choice and still be America if we continue to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries that came to live in America because it is the Country of Choice??????

Think about it .

All I have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS? I celebrate Christmas, but because it isn't celebrated by everyone, we can no longer say Merry Christmas. Now it has to be Season's Greetings. It's not Christmas vacation, it's Winter Break. Isn't it amazing how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday? We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being offended. But it seems that no one has a problem with that.

This says it all!

This is an editorial written by an

American citizen, published in a

Tampa newspaper He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!

IMMIGRANTS,

NOT AMERICANS,

MUST ADAPT.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we

are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11,

we have experienced a surge

in patriotism by the majority

of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had

barely settled when the "politically correct! " crowd began complaining about

the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. However, there

are a few things that those

who have recently come to

our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a

multicultural community

has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we

have our own culture, our

own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language.

Therefore, if you wish to become part

of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan.. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women,

on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented.

It is certainly appropriate to display it

on the walls of our schools. If God

offends you, then I suggest you

consider another part of the world as

your new home, because God is part

of our culture.

If Stars and Stripes offend you, or

you don't like Uncle Sam, then you

should seriously consider a move

to another part of this planet. We

are happy with our culture and have

no desire to change, and we really

don't care how you did things where

you came from. This is

OUR COUNTRY,

our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the

right to express his opinion and we

will allow you every opportunity to do so!

But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag,

our pledge, our national motto, or our

way of life, I highly encourage you

take advantage of one other great American freedom,

THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

It is Time for America to Speak up


Sorry about the way it look's, this is how it came.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know, would have to ask my father.. as like I said, I got this through an e-mail wire

But, I can assure you, it's legit. Mainly because it came from my father's work place as well, and they only send stuff to me that has appeared in the papers. But, keep in mind, that this is a NEWSPAPER we are talking about here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's just it. This is all over the net but going through 8 pages of links on the Yahoo! search page not a single one points to any web page that even comes close to looking like a link from a Tampa newspaper.

The article may be real but I doubt a Tampa newspaper published it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

" This is our land..."

Thats right it is ! We stole it fair and square!

Its that kind of thinking that only serves to divide this country. Americans are known worldwide to be insensetive and intolerant, but I never dreamed those perceptions were true,until I see crap like that held up as patriotic.

I too celebrate and love Christmas but I am not threatened or offended if someone else doesnt. Why is that offensive? People founded this country to seek freedom of religion and now that we are here we should forget that?It sounds to me that there are some who miss the days when people who looked and sounded different than what SOME people view as "Americans" were seen and not heard

You'll pardon me if I dont pine for the "good ole days" as they were more good for some than others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

That's just it. This is all over the net but going through 8 pages of links on the Yahoo! search page not a single one points to any web page that even comes close to looking like a link from a Tampa newspaper.

The article may be real but I doubt a Tampa newspaper published it.

Wrong again Chavik

Already talked to my brother about this, it was infact printed in the Tampa Newspaper as an editorial. However, editorials aren't availible on the net for at least 1-2 weeks (I know that cause my father works on these things)

Next week, maybe the week after, I'll be able to find it

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

" This is our land..."

Thats right it is ! We stole it fair and square!

Its that kind of thinking that only serves to divide this country. Americans are known worldwide to be insensetive and intolerant, but I never dreamed those perceptions were true,until I see crap like that held up as patriotic.

I too celebrate and love Christmas but I am not threatened or offended if someone else doesnt. Why is that offensive? People founded this country to seek freedom of religion and now that we are here we should forget that?It sounds to me that there are some who miss the days when people who looked and sounded different than what SOME people view as "Americans" were seen and not heard

You'll pardon me if I dont pine for the "good ole days" as they were more good for some than others.

As usual Race, you miss the whole point of this article

What I believe this guy mean's is that the "politically correct" crowd is FORCING us to change our ways so that we don't offend others

What's not offense to you, might be offensive to another

For example, right down the street there is someone who hate's christmas. He already tried to get the court here to get rid of it and ban from nevada, but that didn't work

As much as it pains me to say this Race, whats going on is destroying this country

Illegal Immigrants

People who want to destroy our pledge

All that

Why should WE, AMERICANS, change just because you can't understand us? Can't say "God" in the pledge?

There is no law saying you HAVE to say "under god" in our pledge.

But, it is of common curtisy to learn the language of the land you intend on living in. It's like this guy said

quote:

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language.


You see, the problem with this is that, the educational system is forcing students to learn a second language

For example, to graduate here in Nevada for 05+ students you MUST have spanish as a second language

I find that very forceful since I personally know people who have no plans on using the language

Why learn a language if you don't plan on using it?

That's the main problem, the "politically correct" crowd seems to think that we HAVE to change our ways. What they dont' realize is that in the process there destroying the america that our founding fathers created

So, actually, this story has merit. Perhaps I'll submit it to the RJ Editorial and see if it can get printed.. cause I really do believe my fellow americans need a WAKE UP CALL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ROFLMAO... I have read comments by immigrants that have been better written and more cohesive than this one.

If you want to be American you should submit to the ideals of this nation (as relates to its people). You should speak the language. You should pledge to protect that which grants you freedoms and opportunities you could not find in your country.

What is hilarious though is how irate you people are about this. May I make a few points.

HOW MANY SUCCESSFUL BUSINESSES IN THIS COUNTRY ARE NON-ENGLISH SPEAKING BUSINESSES?

HOW MANY AMERICAN CEOs DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH?

HOW MANY OPPORTUNITIES ARE THERE IN THIS NATION FOR NON-ENGLISH SPEAKING PEOPLE?

HOW MANY OPPORTUNITIES ARE THERE FOR HEAD DRESS WEARING WOMEN THAT CANNOT EXPOSE THEIR FACES? (this whole "editorial" spawned from a case in Florida about the woman who would not remove her head dress for a license photo).

The fact is that people that come to this country and are truly seeking to succeed must do all of the things you are screaming about to get there. People that do not speak English or "act" American end up in the most menial of jobs. This is all a bunch of paranoia in this editorial. Personally, I could care less if some immigrant doesn't want to speak English... good, one less bastard to compete with. If you don't want to take off your head dress fine... don't drive (Florida caved on this and that PISSES ME OFF). But for the most part this is a non issue. If they do not speak the language or strive to be "American" they will not end up CEOs or persons of "consequence". For the same reasons that Kalshion will never be an English teacher these people that refuse to speak the language and adapt will never be SUCCESSFUL in this country. Stop making the non threats your enemy. There are plenty of literate and educated immigrants that you should be turning your hatred toward, those are the guys that will be sucking up YOUR job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

quote:

Originally posted by Takvah:

ROFLMAO... I have read comments by immigrants that have been better written and more cohesive than this one.

If you want to be American you should submit to the ideals of this nation (as relates to its people). You should speak the language. You should pledge to protect that which grants you freedoms and opportunities you could not find in your country.

What is hilarious though is how irate you people are about this. May I make a few points.

HOW MANY SUCCESSFUL BUSINESSES IN THIS COUNTRY ARE NON-ENGLISH SPEAKING BUSINESSES?

HOW MANY AMERICAN CEOs DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH?

HOW MANY OPPORTUNITIES ARE THERE IN THIS NATION FOR NON-ENGLISH SPEAKING PEOPLE?

HOW MANY OPPORTUNITIES ARE THERE FOR HEAD DRESS WEARING WOMEN THAT CANNOT EXPOSE THEIR FACES? (this whole "editorial" spawned from a case in Florida about the woman who would not remove her head dress for a license photo).

The fact is that people that come to this country and are truly seeking to succeed must do all of the things you are screaming about to get there. People that do not speak English or "act" American end up in the most menial of jobs. This is all a bunch of paranoia in this editorial. Personally, I could care less if some immigrant doesn't want to speak English... good, one less bastard to compete with. If you don't want to take off your head dress fine... don't drive (Florida caved on this and that PISSES ME OFF). But for the most part this is a non issue. If they do not speak the language or strive to be "American" they will not end up CEOs or persons of "consequence". For the same reasons that Kalshion will never be an English teacher these people that refuse to speak the language and adapt will never be SUCCESSFUL in this country. Stop making the non threats your enemy. There are plenty of literate and educated immigrants that you should be turning your hatred toward, those are the guys that will be sucking up YOUR job.

I have NOT really commented on this post at all, But Takvah, all I have to say is.

Yeah, EXACTLY what you just said....

Wow, what a bizarre concept, we agree on something? I better go get that checked out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

And quit attacking Kalshion please.

I agree with what you said, but NOT on your attacks of Kalshion.

Can we chill out a little bit please?

BTW, I am taking my own advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by nomad:

As far as I know, all other big countries (India, China, Russia, Indonesia) recognize more than one single language.

Yeah, and one of those languages they're recognizing is english.

quote:

I remember having read somewhere (dont remember the link) that if the current natality & immigration figures are extrapolated, english will be a minoritary language in some 50 years.

Mexico will also be empty at that point. Given the number of people in the U.S. who speak english and are going to continue to speak english and will teach their children to speak english, I don't see english as being a minority language any time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×