Congress plans scrutiny of Patriot Act

quote:

One hearing disclosed police invoked the Patriot Act 108 times in a 22-month period when surreptitiously entering and searching a home or office without notifying the owner.

Why aren't our rights being protected like the government said they would.. (They lie! Damned politicians!) If I was one of those owners, I would sue the city, state, or anyone else in charge of that break-in. This would be called "BREAKING AND ENTERING" and is illegal. Is this getting to the point where the government is now above the LAWS placed for our protection?

The Patriot act from what I've seen is just a way for the government to get around the requirements of our Constitution. The government could just pop up and point a finger saying, "Hey! Terrorist! We're gonna take your home and throw you in jail!"

Whatever happened to having 'cause' to search. It's my right to know what is happening in MY home, with MY equipment, and MY personal belongings.

Just watch, playing UC or UC:AWA and firing off OTS missiles will cause you to be charged with conspiracy to commit terrorism from space..

quote:

Just watch, playing UC or UC:AWA and firing off OTS missiles will cause you to be charged with conspiracy to commit terrorism from space..

That happens, I'm moving me and my wife OUT of the USA.

quote:

quote:One hearing disclosed police invoked the Patriot Act 108 times in a 22-month period when surreptitiously entering and searching a home or office without notifying the owner.

Why aren't our rights being protected like the government said they would.. (They lie! Damned politicians!) If I was one of those owners, I would sue the city, state, or anyone else in charge of that break-in. This would be called "BREAKING AND ENTERING" and is illegal. Is this getting to the point where the government is now above the LAWS placed for our protection?

The Patriot act from what I've seen is just a way for the government to get around the requirements of our Constitution. The government could just pop up and point a finger saying, "Hey! Terrorist! We're gonna take your home and throw you in jail!"

Whatever happened to having 'cause' to search. It's my right to know what is happening in MY home, with MY equipment, and MY personal belongings.

Being a "REALIST", I know this may sound a little strange coming from me....but here goes:

"Get USED to it.....this is ONLY the weak beginnings of a trend, which "FREEDOM LOVING Americans" will live to REGRET."

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by Freyar:

It didn't start with the "War on Terror", or even the Patriot Act.

It began with the formation of the DEA and ATF and the supposed "War on Drugs".

Hell, even if you have wild cannibis growing somewhere far out in your land (and don't even know it's there), the government can legally get you for cultivation, take everything you own and throw your ass in prison!

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by nomad:

In dictatures the gold key was a military position or the party's affiliation card, in democracies, it's a black centurion card or an important political position.

Well this isn't entirely accurate.

Throughout history, true power has always been held by those who control the money. Political positions have always been just a means to an end, just like war and planned civic unrest/upheaval.

It's all about securing and increasing profits, and keeping consuming/producing countries "pacified and controlled" and "3rd world" countries markets for arms sales.

• 3 weeks later...