What's the Big Rush with the Iraq Constitution?

I don't understand what the hoopla is with the media about the length of time it's taking Iraq and it's drafting up a constitution. Good thing they weren't around in the begining of the United States they would have been in their glory.

The Constitutional Convention

Took a year for us. From September 1786-September 17, 1787 (for the final draft). Just like in Iraq there were some that weren't happy with it either. They either left completely or just didn't sign it but it went ahead anyway.

quote:

Originally posted by Chavis:

Actually....it's not the media.

Bush wants it wraped up ASAP.

And you are right,good thing the media as we now know it wasn't around back then.

Him too (but it's more from pressure). was just watching a PBS think tank about this issue. Luckily the majority on the panel didn't think this was doom or gloom like some of the other few. Personally, I'm like leave them alone already. It will be done when it's done. Not a second sooner. What do they want speed or quality?

CNN: No agreement yet on Iraq constitution

Reading the above link doesn't it sound awefully familiar?

The fact that the process is taking so long is, in my view, evidence of them taking the process seriously. Why would they fight so hard to hammer out an agreement on the constitution if they did not intend to abide by it?

As always, I am the eternal optimist.

EDIT: BTW Asperson, welcome to the community!

I just saw the link Lost gave and I'm surprised they can make an article so long about something so simple.

In any event I agree with the sentiment that the new goverment taking it slowly to create their constitution is probably a good thing.

quote:

BTW Aperson, welcome to the community!

Thanks

Guest Chavis

quote:

Him too (but it's more from pressure). was just watching a PBS think tank about this issue

Missed it tonight.

Wow. A conservative watching PBS.

Cool!

quote:

Originally posted by Chavis:

quote:

Him too (but it's more from pressure). was just watching a PBS think tank about this issue

Missed it tonight.

Wow. A conservative watching PBS.

Cool!

If you've caught some earlier threads (well to be honest that was long before you joined), I have stated on numerous occasions I read and watch everything. Be it Uber liberal or Neo-conservative and everything in between. No matter the source (well perhaps tabloids). I digest them all and try to come up with my own take on things.

I've been watching PBS for a long long time. Like documentaries etc.. I started watching it when I discovered Monty Python on it a long long time ago and since then a lot of other british comedies as well.

Guest Chavis

PBS Rocks!

Unfortunately,not all PBS's are equal.

Well...as long as they broadcast most of the main feed.

Like the 'News hour with Jim Lehrer'.

A good 60 minute news report,with emphasis on selected stories.

Oh....Soundstage was pretty good last night with Ringo Starr.