Terror Cell Smuggled Missles into Europe

Soback

Terror Cell smuggled missles into Europe

"An Islamic terror cell has smuggled two surface-to-air missiles into Europe in a plot to shoot down planes at one of France's main airports, it was claimed yesterday."

"French and Algerian extremists with links to al-Qa'eda bought the Russian SA-18 Grouse missiles from Chechens in 2002 and smuggled them via Georgia and Turkey, according to French anti-terror sources quoted in Le Figaro."

---From Chechens? No way, I mean come on. Nomad thinks that they are just a bunch of opressed, abused and missunderstood poor people. And Russians, and I quote Nomads own words "What goes around comes around." (that was in response to that Russian school massacre), and justifies it by saying "Additionally, you may ask to chechens why they kill innocent civilians. They will answer you how these civilians are innocent if its their taxes who pay for the ongoing Russian occupation..." A thread from which Nomad is quoted

Well, I guess France had it coming too. I wonder what they ever did to Chechens. Or maybe there's another reason that Russia is fighting them? Hmmm... I wonder...

[ 10-30-2005, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: Soback ]

quote:

Originally posted by nomad:

1)
Stop to behave like if the other members of this board are braindead
, and educately cite entire paragraphs so the original context is preserved

Nice to see that you weren't being hypocritical.

[ 10-30-2005, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: Remo Williams ]

Oh come now Nomad. Why get so fired up when I requote your own words? Everyone here knows your stand on terrorists, or lack there of.

Let me clue you in. Everyone here knows in the first paragraph you say something to the extent of "I do not justify terrorism, and think that it's dispicable". Then in the second one go on to say how "I value all human life, even when a terrorist dies, it's still a human life that needs to be valued" and then in the third one you START JUSTIFYING terrorism. In that example I quoted, you were justifying terrorism by saying that Russian invaded Chechens in the 1800's OVER 200 YEARS AGO, and now that they are fighting back, by murdering children at schools, decapetating civilians, you pretty much say that we had it coming, and I will quote you again, this time in it's entirety

"It has been centuries since russians have repeatedly attempted to seize an area who never belonged to their culture. Centuries. I certainly don't condone the horrible acts Bassayev has committed, but Russia has created this problem from A to Z, and then they whine..."

So no need to get all huffed up. Unlike in Europe, we in America let others hold their point of view, no matter how reprehensible it is.

As far as me quoting you. I've told you before, that a man who takes no sides, is the worst of them all. So don't cry now that your attitude of condoning terrorism and at the same time rationalizing it by saying things like they had it coming is coming around and biting you in the behind. "There are two sides, one bad, one good, but the middle is always evil". It's just what it is Nomad, no reason to be ashamed of who you are.

What I would worry about, is events like 9/11 hitting closer to your home. Especially when things like in that article occur. Maybe your attitude will change then. Would you be busy rationalizing the attacks or trying to fight them off? I wonder, but what I do know, is that if people like you don't change, Europe has no chance.

Yeah, beats me though. All I did was posted how looks like Europe might be in deep trouble soon, and then his previous quotes on terrorism, and wanted to see if his stance has changed. I guess not, go figure.

Guess when Nomads primal instincts kick in and he stops splitting hair and starts calling terrorists and their breeding countries for what they are instead of rationalizing for them, it will REALLY have be bad then.

Wonder why such a huge deffensive outburst at my post though. As a flight instructor I had to learn a bit about phycology. It tells me that Nomad is bothered by the things I said, because he knows for himself that it's true, but actually WANTS to believe for himself that they are not, that's why he didn't come back with any facts or cohesive statements, there was no logical defense or justification that could be put up.

[ 10-31-2005, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: Soback ]

You can support Chechen independence and be against terrorism, Nomad. You don't always seem to make a distinction. The end does NOT always justify the means. There are the right ways to go about fighting oppression, and there are ways that make you WORSE than the oppressors. Terrorism's evil dwarfs the plight of the Chechens, and only weakens their otherwise just cause. And a terrorist's life is worth nothing. It ceased having any value the instant the decision was made that it was necessary to deliberately slaughter innocents to achieve a political goal.

This is EXACTLY what I mean. ROFL

You just never learn do you?

See Prez, he just said how he agreed with your post, and then in the next sentence started saying how he disagrees. And then in the next paragraph started saying how terrorists have the same blood and are people too, and then in the third one justifying it. Damn Nomad, wow.

This is so reminiscent of the way politicians speak. It's psycological, because when the first sentence they say is what people want to hear, the next one can be ANYTHING and people just lose focus after the first one, try it in an argument with your spouse or friend, first sentence out of your mouth is how they are completly right, second something intermediary and third how you are right, and watch them melt because their mind is still on the first one. It a good strategy, but it's not speech here, it's writen text and therefore doesn't work.

I don't even have to quote you. People can read on their own and see that what I have posted above about you, you just proven with your previous post. Go ahead, call me a liar, or as quoting you out of context, I don't think it will stick, because you just keep proving it for yourself over and over and over again.

But in either case, those missles we tend to be forgetting. What will your stance be about Chechens and other terrorists if they blow up a heavy that's just taken off with 300+ people? The same fighting for their cause, or will you start realizing what Russians had to deal with for 200 years, mabye that was even the reason they invaded Chechens in the first place, maybe they were tired of having border towns raided, maybe that's how the bed time story came about where word Chechen was substituted with the wolf. Ever thought of that?

quote:

Originally posted by nomad:

True, terrorists do horrible things. But frankly, one thing I've learned in my life is that blood has the same color everywhere. And if innocent people die by the hand of chechen terrorists or under russian MRLS fire, it's still slaughter.

Besides, historically terrorism has in the past been rewarded. Just check the biography of prominent Tsahal officers of early Israel. Morally, the end doesen't justify the means, but unfortunately, it's the inverse who's almost universally done.

True, Hitler, Stalin, Osama, Musolini, rapists, murderers did/do horrible things. But frankly, one thing I've learned in my life is that blood has the same color everywhere. And if innocent people die by the hands of Hitler, Stalin, Osama, Musolini, rapists, murderers, or if Hitler, Stalin, Osama, Musolini, rapists, murderers die by the hands of the people, it's still murder.

Besides, historically genocide, rape and murder have been rewarded with plunder, gratification and profit, just read their notes and journals, the end doesn't justify the means, but unfortunatly, it's the inverse who's almost universally done.

WOW

There is no black and white huh Nomad? There is no right and wrong? We can't judge? We are all just people?

Like I said, you trying to blow smoke in peoples faces with words like "I agree..." and then in the next sentence saying exactly the opposite, won't work as long as I am here.

quote:

People can read on their own

Yep,you can count on that one.Anyone with a functioning brain(doesnt mean one that agrees with him) can understand what he says(he stated his opinion on this subject not in one post or a single thread but *consistently* on SEVERAL threads).

quote:

Go ahead, call me a liar, or as quoting you out of context

He would be wrong if he said all these.There's a much simpler(and more accurate) explanation: you just cant understand what he says.

To be able to use (manipulate,in this particular case stopping(reducing) terrorism) something one needs to understand how that thing works.To fix a broken electronic device you need to understand the working principles of it;unfortunately some people prefer to shake it or hit it and pray that it helps(this more often than not makes the condition of the device even worse).

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

---From Chechens? No way, I mean come on. Nomad thinks that they are just a bunch of opressed, abused and missunderstood poor people.

Newsflash. They actually are. Of course you have the radical minority. And when you consider the size of the country, if we go by your account, we might as well tag every KKK member in the US as representing the US population. I don't think so.

Just because a bunch of Chechen rebels smuggled missiles into Europe, doesn't mean that they got the support of all Chechens.

quote:

Originally posted by Grizzle:

This thread is better suited for PM's.

Not if you behave yourself. Of course you DO realize that if Remo bans you again, I'm not intervening; and you definitely won't be back. If you can't stand the heat in the kitchen, get out and don't post.

Yes, you're right. I should've been more clear.

My post was based on the carry over conversation from that previous post I linked. Where Nomad kept saying he does not condone terrorism, and in the next sentence rationalizes the radical Chechens actions. So no, I am not talking about every single Chechen.

Looks like they are moving more of their "business" into Europe. And since it's closer to Nomads home, I thought he would care more and instead of going with the same "terrorists are also human" he would actually say something else.

Cross posting is bad...

In any event it seems that Nomad is just saying that the terrorist response to Russian rule isn't particularly surprising.

Also, someone can agree with parts of a persons opinion and disagree with others.

Finally, of course the world isn't black and white, there's always blue!