Problematics on economic growth.

Yeh Soback, all those problems were not mentioned by me... I was quoting someone else if you would go back and check that.

And the thing is, we are going to end up BEING a third world country someday if we cant learn to balance things out and slow down our technological rate of advancement. That might sound like a paradox, but it really isnt. The basis is, one little thing now can or already is, starting a chain reaction that will gradually increase in power over time.

Taking the medicine and age-expanision example from before... If you look at population charts these days, not just for America but the entire world, you will see a strange thing, the birth rate is almost three times the death rate in this country alone. Not that that is bad now, but it very well could be. The main reason for that is how advanced medicine has become. We need basic medicine and medical technology, that is part of civilization today, but are beggining to take things too far. They have medicine for almost everything you can think of from itches to wrinkled skin. And there is less and less that really poses any threat to us anymore. Of course it is good to have everyone live long and stay healthy, but HOW LONG is the question. 1000 years ago human lifespan was 40 yrs. Not long ago it was 80 yrs. Soon it is said to go up to 120 yrs. How long until we stretch ourselves to the limits? If everyone starts living to that age, the population is going to start doubling annually. Though it isnt so big a deal here, in England and European countries, at that rate there would be no more space for people. Even in the US, its hard to go anywhere these days where land isnt claimed. The solution for modern people? Clear the forests, get rid of farmland, build more houses... of course at the expense of all those things which are just as important, but few people care about that anymore, sadly enough. Right now we have about adequate food supplies for everyone at a nice ratio, but start adding millions to the population and subtracting as much farmland as it costs to build the homes, and suddenly that balance begins to sway. In the long years it takes for the government to take notice and attempt to do something about it, this same thing is happening over and over again. Living quality goes down, people begin to start livng in tighter areas much like Tokyo today. (Why is it ironic that the asians always figure this stuff out before us. They are the only countries to have addressed this problem outright.) But remember also, the more people, the higher the unemployment rate, the more buissnesses that have to be created to compensate (taking up more space), then more roads, more traffic, greater need for cars (which brings more polution), greater need for EVERYTHING! It just starts piling up, slowly at first, but then gets worse until there there is little to be done that can help the problem. China had to make a population law because of its own problems, if we keep at it, eventually we are going to have to do the same. If technology is going to keep going up at the rate we are going, something has to be taken away to compensate, or natural courses will take it all away for us.

Oh boy. I guess you just completly skipped the part where I said that birth rates in US are barely above sustainable levels, and the ONLY reason we have population growth is due to immigration. I can give you information, I can't teach you to understand and comprehend it. www.yahoo.com , type in "sustainable birth rates" "US birth rate vs. sustainable birth rate" and as an example "Germany birth rate, sustainable"

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3072271 Here's your Europe "overpopulation". The reason Europes population is growing, is NOT because of native births, but because of poor quality uneducated labor from third world countries. Kinda like in US.

Anything else you want me to take apart with facts and logic?

Here you go strait from your source: "Earth is already heavily populated. Its population will grow from the present 6 billion to at least 9 billion by 2050." It doesnt matter about JUST the United States, the population is going up due to illegal immagrants, sure, but those people come from somewhere too. Its the whole world we have to look at, because what happens elsewhere effects the global community.And it really doesnt matter about how low or high the birth rate is, the death rate is far less and gettting smaller each year, meaning the population is still growing each year too. A little population growth is fine, but things are looking to start increasing exponentially.

And its not as simple as saying population increase is because of something else or some other cause- the world population is going to continue rising at the rate we are at, and eventually that is going to be a problem.

"Anything else you want me to take apart with facts and logic?"

How bout try the little scenario I made last post. I cant beleive that you cant agree with some of that.

• 2 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by Voli0:

Although you have point in several occasions, your reasoning in some parts is, at least to say, feeble.

quote:

...if you take all the wealth in the world and re-distribute it equally between everyone. Within 5 years 95% of that wealth will end up with the people who had it before.

If whole world's capital(capital is not just money, it's factories, land and even the information you posses) would be redistributed equally between all people, who can say for certainty that most of it would end up to the same people it belonged originally?.....

Who can say for certain?

There was a study commissioned by one of the big Brokerage Houses, in conjunction with a large Advertising Agency, I think it was the Lehman Brothers and Adage, but I can't be certain, since I read this about 15 years ago. Basically BOTH of them took a control group of 20 of their Top guys, all earning at least a half million a year, and swapped thier accounts with 20 midlevel guys who where earning close to 80K a year, which at the time was slightly above the average for both brokers and Ad reps.

Within less than a year, the 20 Top Guns at each agency was back on top earning half million or more, and within less than 2 years, all but 2 of the 20 midlevel guys were back to earning an average of 80K a year.

Wealth has nothing to do with luck. Most people that are wealthy didn't inherit it, most of them made it themselves. Those that did inherit it and have kept it, learned the lessons that their parents have taught them, however, most multi million dollar inheritances don't last more than a generation, because the kids just don't know what to do to continue making more than they're spending. Once a person learns to aquire wealth, they will continue to aquire wealth regardless of their situation.

Here's one other interesting factoid. Americans have more disposable income than any other country in the world. Also, Americans have a longer average workweek, than any other industrialized country in the world. Also, the average person in the US earning more than 100K a year, works an average of 70Hrs. a week, compared to 33.8 Hrs. a week for the average employee. What that should tell you is that wealth is directly related to how hard you work. There seems to be a myth floating around that if you're making the big bucks, somehow you're getting off easy. Nothing can be further from the truth.