Beware! BMP files may contain a new virus

It makes me a bit suspicious as to who is really writing these viruses. Virus threats to older Windows Operating Systems could persuade alot of people to upgrade their OS.

No, I'm not going to start another conspiracy rant but,

it does make ya wonder.

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

It makes me a bit suspicious as to who is really writing these viruses. Virus threats to older Windows Operating Systems could persuade alot of people to upgrade their OS.

No, I'm not going to start another conspiracy rant but,

it does make ya wonder.

Yeah, that thought crossed my mind too but most of the new virus attacks are against windows XP no one seems to be bothering with windows98 anymore which is one of the reasons I'm sticking with that OS for a while longer. Agree, makes ya wonder about alot of things.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

ah yes, the conspiracy theorists at work

LOL

They're all out to get us, but not if we get them first. Oh wait, this isn't the Politics and Religion forum

Like I said, Boss, I'm only suspicious, not paranoid The virus authors seem to be exploiting any hole they can find in any software they can find it in. As for the purpose?

Not a frelling clue.

I'm waiting for a future attack that hits the US below the belt and they find the author and declare him/her an enemy combatant Cyber Terrorist.

/puts the towel back over the lost Seeing Stone.