Microsoft Reissues Anti-Piracy Tool, Lawyers Sue

So, the 800 pound gorilla doesn't like it when someone steals his bananas. That's understandable. But I would like some better warning about what data they're collecting from MY machine over MY internet connection with MY legitimate copy of Winblows.

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

I think it's time for me to start migrating over to linux. The support for hardware and software is pretty good nowadays from I've been reading.

It is, but the support for videogames is pretty slack still. Native games run quicker than in Windows (in my experience), but running games through wine (with the DX9 layer) or Cedega is still very slow, and very unpredictable.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr. WeeGee:

It is, but the support for videogames is pretty slack still. Native games run quicker than in Windows (in my experience), but running games through wine (with the DX9 layer) or Cedega is still very slow, and very unpredictable.

Yeah, I did some research yesterday and had hoped by now that linux would have better support for games. I also checked most of my more recent games and seems the only one that supports linux is UT2k4.

Some suggest dual boot, but IMO, that defeats the purpose of going to another OS and giving competition to Microsoft. I don't blame linux on this but the software companies for their continued exclusive support of windows and giving none to linux.