GTA on Xbox

Kevin Trotter

Unless you've been under a rock, you all know that Rockstar is releasing a GTAIII/GTA:VC bundle on the Xbox in early November for 49.99 This is fairly big for me since I'm still licking my wounds over the PC release which i bought on the release date and would not play on my rig, despite two patches and several thousand curse words.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea how well this game can be ported to the Xbox and whether or not there are any new goodies.

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

Unless you've been under a rock, you all know that Rockstar is releasing a GTAIII/GTA:VC bundle on the Xbox in early November for 49.99 This is fairly big for me since I'm still licking my wounds over the PC release which i bought on the release date and would not play on my rig, despite two patches and several thousand curse words.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea how well this game can be ported to the Xbox and whether or not there are any new goodies.

hmmm, I have Vice City for PC and it works great. What's your system? Well there's a story behind my Vice City purchase too (not the game companies fault). I picked up the copy from Gamestop got home went to open it up and I noticed that the rectangular tape seal had been retaped over by a circular one. Well I didn't think anything of it until I went to install the game. Got 75% done with the install when the setup flagged me asking to put the disk containing Data4.cab. Well there is no such file. Went to Vice City home page and they did list error as being a bad burn and to return it to place of purchase but had other things to try also like updating the firmware of the cdrom drive which I did among other tweaks to try to get it to install (cause it could be a copy protection problem) no deal. Well I looked at the read surface of the CD and noticed tiny scratches on it. Well only conclusion is that someone else had this disk brought it back because it didn't work and them bums just repackaged it for the next sucker which was me. Not only that to add insult to injury I went to buy the game because it was suppose to be on sale for $40 not $50 but the guy in the store said they hadn't recieved a communiction about the sale yet. Well I've been wanting to play this game so I picked it up anyway grumbling of course. Oh yeah and it turns out that it was there last copy at that particular store. Took me two Gamestio stores to find one with a replacement copy. I dunno about you guys but ever since Software Etc became Gamespot it's gone downhill. I use to love that store but now I'm highly pissed off at them for that repackaging and sale snafu not to mention at myself because I let my guard down about checking the box seals. I did write to the main headquarters of Gamestop. Well of course their response was an appology and that they don't repackage their games that are bad and that they are in the process of updating their system network from DOS to windows (sheesh they still use DOS) which could explain why they didn't notification about the sale (well don't the stores check their own website). HAH is all I say.