Star Wars Battlefront - Star Wars meets Battlefield 1942

Terran Marine

Couple points...

First, I played through Battlefront on the XBox, and I have to say I had fun; it didn't suck.

Second, the best game lucasarts ever made was (imho) not even star wars related. In just two words it described a whole new class of cool: Full Throttle.

As you were gents

• 10 months later...

I'm going to give this thread a bump.

I picked up Battlefront from Gamstop on thursday for twenty bucks. I just happened to be near one and was just going in to see what cheap game I could pick. I was agast!! The PC section is getting smaller and smaller. What a heartbreak. I've been going to this store from the begining when it was B.Daltons Software Etc. All you could find there was PC games. I was always in my glory there. Those days seem to be gone. Oh well.

I played the game for the first time thursday night starting at 10:30pm the next thing I knew it was 3:30 am. Oy vey!!

Anyway, I must say this game is pretty damn fun. Sure it still has levels that are small as spit (I've tried flying a snow speeder in the hoth level and found myself getting "leaving battle area" messages in no time). But there are player made maps that are big using the SDK that lucas released for the game which I downloaded last night. The AI seems to be much improved with patch version 1.2. However, one thing that boils my bum with this game, is the respawn points. Not random enough. I must have died like 4 times because I kept getting respawned at a base of mine that was taken over the imperials. Everytime I respawned, I would get slaughtered by an imperial that bullseyed right on me from my very own turrent weapon. Bloody heck!! Overall, very fun especially if you just want something to jump into for some instant action which is what I've been doing so far.

Speaking of the Hoth level. This game reminds me a lot of Shadows of the Empire (SOTE). Including the developer's level sizes. I use to replay the Hoth level all the time in SOTE.