B.C. vs SF2

Guest Treklilita

This is a no brainer. BC is better than SF2. SF2 is still beta in my playing experience.

TTFN troll biggrin.gif

------------------

Rear Admiral Gallion

ICV-Graf Spee, Spectre (Antis)

Executive Officer, Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand."

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Leader, Team 1

If your talking about starflight 2 (sf2) well then I'm not going to say anything because starflight and starflight 2 are the reason I started playing computer games. if it were not for those games I would be little buttons on little contollers attached to my little playstation instead of reading 1000 page manuels for gigantic space-sim games that come in big cardboard boxes. If your talk about sfc2 , I don't know what that is.

ok good bye

If you're talking Sarah Furgeson 2, I don't know, that's a hard one. If they've cloned her, I may have to go with Sarah. I'm a sucker for redheads, and her British accent is, well... kinda sexy. cwm30.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

....am guessing he meant SFC2 (Star Fleet Command 2)

Nah, that's "Seat Fusion To" the game where you try to nail your opponent's hind end to his chair! wink.gif

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

GCV Falcon, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/S.O.G.

Hard, Fast, Furious... FIRST!

Official BCM Beta Tester Team-5 Co-Leader

If he meant Star Fleet Command 2 then BC:M is way better, SFC2 is a static game, you just do your missions and advance through the game that way, wheres the fun>? 99% of games out are like that.

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

If he meant Star Fleet Command 2 then BC:M is way better, SFC2 is a static game, you just do your missions and advance through the game that way, wheres the fun>? 99% of games out are like that.

BC* has basically ruined my ability to stomach set scenario games, when the game comes to an end I just sit there thinking "This is it?! Wish I could go explore/trade/whatever like I can in BC*."

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

Yeah thats exactly how I feel too!

In fact over the last couple of years or so BC has saved me loads of money, not buying all the rubbish out of the can mission games about. After playing in a proper dynamic universe setting all the heavily scripted stuff just seems .... well ...... lets say, not what you want.

And with my renewed commitment to streamlining GBS-II for BCM, there are going to be a lot more cool missions for BCM. Especially since IA/TA scenarios are so easy to script. In fact, BCM makes it that much easier to do a whole bunch of cool stuff (create new space, planet regions, models, soundfx, crew pics etc) that were not easily possible in previous BC titles.

In fact, if someone sent me a 3DS Max file of a Star Trek or Star Wars ship, I can get it into BCM in under 5 mins flat. Of course, it will take longer for the property owners to threaten to sue us. biggrin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

In fact, if someone sent me a 3DS Max file of a Star Trek or Star Wars ship, I can get it into BCM in under 5 mins flat. Of course, it will take longer for the property owners to threaten to sue us.
biggrin.gif

Indeed, I imagine that in under five minutes we'd find GALCOM HQ being visited by the U.S.S. Subpoena and the SSD Cease-and-Desist. smile.gif

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

Hehe whaddaya know, I might be able to fly the ACTUAL Eclipse.... Course that 17km long ship and massive firepower would wreck havoc on the playbalancing. biggrin.gif

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

Don't know if any of you are sci fi fans, LOL, but I love the David Weber series Mutineers moon, the Armagedon inheritance etc. I could go for one of those Planetoids, but then I'd be able tear every one of you up in one of those!!!

But God that would be fun!!! lol

Actually, I think I'll stick with my BC, much easier to run!!!

cwm11.gif

------------------

CMDR Jaguar

GCV Armageddon, Starpath (Mars)

Prime Fleet, Delta Wing

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

quote:

And with my renewed commitment to streamlining GBS-II for BCM, there are going to be a lot more cool missions for BCM

I would be interested to know why you have committed yourself to developing GBS-2 especially when you are committed to doing so much already?

To commit time, money and effort to something to with no monetary reward is true dedication

Just goes to show not everyone is driven by monetary rewards alone

Will GBS-2 ship with BCM or will it be another of your famous free addons for download?

I for one can't wait it may improve my scripting

------------------

Commander Pugwash

IVC The Black Pig, Sygan Starstation (Sygan)

Balor Fleet

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

ICQ 111523790

He's mad, MAD I TELL YOU! cwm28.gif

From what I understand, it will ship with the game. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I can't wait either. And I wonder if anyone's thought of a conversion, or licensing the engine?

Guest macross

I wonder just how large of an object could be imported...it'd be pretty trippy to see Babylon 5, or even (my namesake) the Super Dimensional Fortress Macross (aka the SDF-1) in the game...

Heh. It just makes me smile thinking about it... cwm1.gif

Speaking of Weber and his universe(s), I'd really like to see a RMN SD firing full broadsides complete with full missile pods at GHQ. Talk about framerate slowdown! wink.gif

------------------

Commander Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/SIN Wing

Stealth is the only thing between you, and your enemy's guns.