Serious Sam

OK, been reading interviews that have been done with the SC, and he has bought a license for using the Serious Sam Engine on one of his other projects, what it is, I have no clue.

So, since the SC bought a license, this thing has to kick ass, so, I went out and bought the silly thing. If the SC thinks it's good enough, well, better believe it, I have never seen anything like this, quake, HA, Half-life, HA, this serious sam kicks their butt. I have never seen the actual background change before, sure bullet marks, but, I can cut down trees, take out statues, and the fog effect, incredible, the models, DAMN!!!

Now I know why the SC bought the license, trust the SC to find something that is too cool. I wonder what the heck he's gonna do with it. Knowing the SC, it's gonna be incredible.

I am a first person shooter fan, but damn!! This thing is too cool.

Have any of you played it, and what did you think?

Have the full game as well... I don't know about it beating Half-Life but it's more fun then I've had in a FPS in a long while (well... since Half-Life . The engine competes with just about anything out there, it's definitly more impressive and a hell of alot less buggy then Lithtec.

Great game, takes the best of Doom and Duke Nukem and adds top notch graphics.

Aramike: I recommend playing SS in co-op. That's where it REALLY shines. Nothing quite like watching your buddy grab a stash of shotgun shells as your shouting at the top of your lungs "NO!!!!!!" then suddenly 30 screaming kamakazi soldiers teleport in all around you... =)

Those Cro-Team guys where pretty smart in not going head to head with Quake and UT on DM and instead focussing on the much neglected these days co-op play.

Aramike, you are correct, the game plot was kinda lame, but the gameplay wasn't. I have never seen that many creatures coming at me in any game. My computer was ROCK solid too.

I must have had 40 of those darn bulls creatures coming at me, of course, takes 2 rockets to take the darn things out, so I was running for the pack every 20 seconds. The game MOVED!!! I liked the movies too, Sam was a trip.

"Big'un aren't ya?" to the main creature at the end of the game, or "thought I'd seen the last of you." Or my favorite, "I'm right over here, you stupid Headless Freaks!!" or whistling the Indiana Jones whenever a rock was rolling at him. I was laughing as much as I was playing. Or when I ran across those darn Kamikazee creatures the first time, after I killed it, he made the crazy yell thay make and then "yourself" Then over the hill a few dozen of the SOB's, and he just says, "Uh,Oh!!" It was GREAT!!!

It was fun, probably won't play it again for a while, But the humor was GREAT!!!

The ENGINE IS IMPRESSIVE!!! VERY impressive!!

The phone call in the ending movie just about killed me, VERY funny!!