Tropico

Soback

Guest Mikel

I was considering starting a topic about it.

Anyway, I like it alot. So many things to do and ways to play. Play as military general and have martial law, play as a capitalist and make lots of money (don't forget to stash some away in your Swiss bank account), play as a communist and have equality for all (before you arrest the leader of the capitalist faction). I'd rate it at 5/5 stars. Pretty fun game.

I owned it for about 2 weeks - got old so I traded it in. It gets old pretty quick, just a new spin on the Ceaser games.

Fun stuff for those of us political buffs though. I had one guy speaking out against my government, so I had him shot down in the streat and his entire family jailed and put through "political Re-education"... just like the Chinese.

I wish it would have given me the option of billing them for the cost of the bullet however... oh well.

My soldiers could barely hit anything, they shot at one guy, who then screamed, and had time to run into the hospital, get patched up, and come outside to meet my men and their AK47's...

As for hints, soon as your military gets uppity, fire the soldier who is speaking out and jail him. They start very bad revolutions....

building stuff takes TOO long.

My friend had an inquisition and killed all religios people, burned all books, and declared martial law. Then he expunged the environmentalists... talk about thorough. He lasted about 70 years then was overthrown.

It's worth it if you like to play ceaser type games, but I got frustrated at the monotony...

Ok, I just played it for the past 3 days, so here's my review. The game deserves a 9 out of 10. It's very interesting in a unique sence that the people are not just some mindless drones walking around your island and every one of them lives out their lives that you can track and watch. Also I like that they are very diverse in their opinions. The buildings are also nice in shape and variety. Not many animations though in them, I would like to see some smoke from the factories or something of that sort. As for the ammount of time they take to build that's the best part. I just hate the games where you plop down a building and there it is (I just get a feeling of "WHAT NOTHING MORE TO THIS") it adds a great deal of realism to the game. I would like a better building animation though, like scaffoldings and such. The game can be approached from many different ways, try to be nice and kind, or when it doesn't work and people start to want to much, put them back in their place. Nice game, takes the best concepts from others and puts them into one package (that's what makes the good ones).

Also, is there a forum for Tropical? Hopefully an official one, and if there is could someone place a link to it because I can't find it. It's official site is kinda skimpy. Thanks.

PC Gamer said that the game was good (~83%).

The problem they found with it was that no matter how many political opponents they slaughtered, another one would rise against him.

Which is stupid, if you think about it; if you oppress a people enough, they'd catch on that anyone who runs against the dictator gets summarily slaughtered.

Guest Mikel

Spuzzum: Well, that's just the way they are. Gun them down all you want (or better yet, label them a heretic or arrest them...then gun them down > )

Hint: Easy way to crush a coup d'etat.

If you have police and a prison, you can just arrest the soilders that are waging a coup d'etat against you. Don't know why but they don't fight against the police, just quietly lower thier guns and follow them to prison.