New games coming out this year

Real_Lucas

I heard that once you beat Hostile waters there's no replay value whatsoever, there isn't even a random mission generator in the game. I hate games like that, when you are done all you are left with is 2 options, toss the cd, or take a deep sigh and start the story all over again with the same ending. Eeeegh.

that is...unless the game was just that good. Like Half Life or Deus Ex...or Command and Conquer Red Alert, or Tie Fighter.

however there are some games that are totally pointless to play the second time (or the first time if you were that 'unlucky')

Phantasmagoria springs to mind. It took me a whopping 5 hours to complete the 7 cd pile of fettid, rotting crapioca and I cared about as much for the characters in the 'movie' about as much as I do for anything I flush down the toilet.

oh and other great games were those by access software...the Tex murphy games. Killing moon and the Pandora directive were the best, although I liked the last one (overseer), it didn't jump out at me as much as the first 2 did.

there was a game that Activision made a few years ago called 'Spycraft: The great game', although it played like a tv show and I thought it was rather short, it truly was a great game. it took itself very seriously and the attention to detail in that game were excellent.

I said it before and I'll say it again, it's the little details and the surprises that make the experience worthwhile.

However you are right, there was no replayability in Spycraft, but it was well worth the price of admission.

True point. But I myself keep going through the game over and over again, just 'cause it's so addictive... I'd imagine most other people don't though Anyways, the dev team IS working on a form of multiplayer patch for the game, so that's another thing to look out for.

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

As far as games comming out this year, and next year. Of the ones I know of there are only a few that even interest me.

1.BCM

2.BCM-Multiplayer Patch

3.Doom 2000

4.Jedi Knight 2

5.Team Fortress 2

And of course GCO whenever it comes out. I really really hope it does not take 2 years. Im totally stoked on this game now.

Now the Xbox is another story. There are a bunch O games that I intend on getting for that, My next Console system.