JK: Jedi Academy

Yeah, I checked out the screenies over at the lucasarts site. Love the dual and double sabers! I just hope that they see fit to include a worthwhile co-op style play. (although they probably won't)

YAY! I just looked at those screenies and I swear, the atmosphere looks soooo much better. Sort of looks like MOTS atmosphere, which is really really good.

Some of JK2 just didn't feel like a DF game, maybe this will change that.

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

Yea looking forward to this. If done well could be a good blast. With the dual and double lightsabres it would be nice to have the option to ignite one or both blades depending on circumstance.

the mod-making community came out with a mod that gave you 2 more styles and the addition of the dual and double lightssabers.

ower those you could only get by cheating. but it' very possible to ignite one end and then ignite the other.

Guest Grayfox

blergh

thats just hot. i cannot wait for this one to come out. got a young padawan to teach you know... or he might just teach me... lil punk

• 2 months later...
Guest Grayfox

you know i was actually looking foward to KOTOR until i found out it was just like a jedi version of baldurs gate... then i figured NM, ill just wait for JA to come out.

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

you know i was actually looking foward to KOTOR until i found out it was just like a jedi version of baldurs gate... then i figured NM, ill just wait for JA to come out.

kotor is still a good game but JA probably can be better. considering every duel in a JK game is always different.

Something about being forced to rely on a crosshair AND having weapons that don't always fire where the crosshair is pointing that just irritates me. Then there's the suicide bombers that will continue to throw thermal detonators at point blank range...

Hopefully JA will not have these problems

Well my friends, this game is a winner. Single and Multi-player rock. Much better than JKII. The Graphics in this game is a vast improvement and I love that they added the Dual, two saber in the Multiplayer. The saber hilts are a vast improvement as is the saber beam. Just played a couple of hours of it and can't get enough.

quote:

Originally posted by Commander Elio Jason:

wtf? it's not even out.

are you a tester or something?

I wish I was but no I heard along the grape vine while playng JKII online that there was a Beta leak and sure enough there was it's a 1.12gig dload. It's better than a demo but not as good as the final product. It needs alot more polishing up. Case in point the Taun Taun's on hoth are not animated they look like escaped carousel horses. There are 5 MP levels and not sure how long the single player is yet. But this is just the beta and on those merits I'd give it a 9/10. I know the released game will be getting 10/10 just on the improved MP fighting alone. There's one Single player level you gotta see to believe SWEET. Can't wait to buy this game!!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Kiran:

isn't that like...illegal?

Hmmm, dunno maybe for the guy who originaly had the beta and released it to the public domain. It's not like it's the final retail version it's a beta. I have no compunction about down loading a BETA. Acutally I wouldn't be a bit surprised if LucasArts didn't allow this to be made available just to give the game more exposure knowing how tight they are with their products before the retail release. Believe me when I tell you it needs alot of polishing up but it's still fun to play while waiting for the retail version to hit the shelves.

• 4 weeks later...