For the intrepid space explorer

LostInSpace

I had forgotten about this game. I played it a little bit when I had my old system with the voodoo3000 card. Check it out NOCTIS I've downloaded it and will resume my exploration.

also check out the review on this great site I frequent HOME OF THE UNDERDOGS explore this site well and get quite a blast from the past. You can download many of the old games from this site games such as Starflight to name one. A good place to start is the menu on the left side of this web page and click on HALL OF BELATED FAME to get ya started. Oh yeah check out the review for BC3000 actually the review in my opinion is straight foward and honest for example

quote:

Overall, in spite of all the hype, misinformation, and considerable blame that centered around its flamboyant designer and Take 2 Interactive, Battlecruiser 3000AD is one hell of a ride. If you are Elite or Privateer fans, you definitely must try this game. It may look outdated compared to recent 3D-accelerated games (hey, it was in development for 10 years), and it may not fulfill even half of what Smart promised?but it?s pretty darn good.

BC3000 review

quote:

Originally posted by Most:

Thanks..thats a good website. I suggest a lot of people check it out. Its been bookmarked.

My pleasure. There's also a few fan made games such as Space Quest and the like. Like this one for example

quote:

Space Quest 0: Replicated is an excellent fanmade Space Quest game that in my humble opinion is even more fun than The Lost Chapter, another fanmade SQ game reviewed on this site a few years ago. Set in a time before all SQ games (hence the name Space Quest 0), Replicated finds our hero Roger Wilco posted aboard Labion Orbital Station 10, a Class 3 Cloning Facility in space. Similar to Space Quest 1, Roger wakes up from one of his now-famous supply closet naps to find all of his crewmates murdered by someone... or something. Your job, naturally, is to help Roger escape the station and visit Labion to find out what happened.

The game uses Sierra's AGI interpreter, so the feel and gameplay are identical to Space Quest 1 and 2:

There's also a fan made racy version of quest for glory titled Quest For Glory 4 1/2:So you thought you were a hero?

quote:

QFG 4 1/2 is a DOS game (playable in Windows 95/98/2000) and supports 3 different resolutions. Beautiful handmade graphics will make you feel nostalgic about those days that a good designer with vivid imagination was enough to create a game that rocks. The game was created using Adventure Game Studio and uses the same interface with the latest Sierra adventures. You will find yourself enjoying this game regardless of your previous experience with Adventures and RPGs as long as the designers have managed to distribute the action evenly. Be aware though that as the makers say in their web page: This game is rated R for strong language, extreme violence, sexual situations and other things that Sierra didn't have the balls to do. So have fun and if you find any of the previous of the series do not miss them!

One question though, does anyone have an audigy card? If so any suggestions on how to get dos games to work with this card. I use to have the soundblaster live which came with dos support and had no problems with any of the dos games.