Leave it to Ubi...

weegee_101

Riiight, so I picked up Raven Shield last weekend. Great single-player game, good ole classic R6 right there. Wouldn't know about the multiplayer game, ubi's cd key code works so well it won't allow you to play if you have a LAN or a PPPoE net connection. Whats even greater is that you have to deactivate TCP/IP on your LAN if you have one just to play online... which renders many LAN connections useless. Best yet, everyone's favorite Ubi Techie JJ won't confess that its a problem with the game, he keeps posting the same old "Deactivate any chance that the other computers on your lan have of getting online" fix.

*Sigh* You would think that Ubisoft would learn...

Thank god you have a brain SC. Please promise you'll always shun companies like Ubi with us.

Guest Grayfox

well i broke down and got the game today. seeing as how the rig has no internet access, im not really worried bout that now.

as for the game itself... the graphics upgrade was a big step i think. you got the classic r6 style gameplay, but the interface has changed alot, and the graphics are just killer. although in some ways it kinda reminds me of SWAT 3 in the respect you can use the interface to order your team to flash and clear a room right in the middle of combat... you can also cuff surrendered tangos.

the only thing that really Tees me off is theres no open training. i liked picking my own weapons and getting a feel for them... i miss that aspect along with the killhouse.

anyone else besides myself and weegee have this yet?

Well, if you play THunt on the "Traning(MP)" or "City Street Large(MP)" maps, it works just as well. Here try this for a good training challenge.

Map: Training(MP)

Mode: Hostage Rescue

# of Tangos: 30

Team Members: 2 (Recommend Chavez and Raymond)

Weapons: Unsilenced ARs

ACTION PLANNING ONLY! NO MAKING A PRE-MISSION PLAN!

Have fun. Oh, and when you get your rig on the 'net, they've just announced (Finally) that they're making a patch and It'll be out soon. Took them 2 weeks to say "Its us, we screwed up and didn't put code in to determine which adapter to use, sorry!". Grrrr, at least it'll finally come.

Guest Grayfox

cant wait. im up to the shipyard now. im only catching a little slowdown, but my PC is under minimum specs. im actually surprised its doing so well with this one.

Yea my PC's under minimum too. I've experienced no slowdowns however.

Was able to get my sister out of the house for a few hours so I could shut down the network. Wow! MP is awesome. MUCH better than singleplay, bomb mode kicks ass.

This game rules - plain and simple. However, it's too easy in it's most recent incarnation (With the exception of the stealth missions) so you are better off slapping it up to maximum difficulty right from the get go. I havent tried MP with it yet, but as soon as I start my 2 week holiday this weekend Im going to be dedicating a good few evenings to it. Hopefully this patch will sort out a couple of other minor niggles I've got with it ...

In other news, Black Hawk Down kicks ass, although again it's too easy and the lack of adding bots to MP games is dissapointing. Anybody know if theres a follow up to Operation Flashpoint and expansions planned? Now thats a game I would marry and have several big headed children with.

Guest Grayfox

some of the missions are easy, but some are just friggin frustrating... and i hate recon/stealth missions with every fiber of my being. i have been messin around with the t hunt custom missions. i love puttin 35 in the cayman mansion and just goin through there with an m14 (if it was female, i would marry the m14).

as for OPF, i love that game too. im still cranking out custom missions for it.

aaaaaaand splinter cell is out for the cube. ive been droolin over this one cause it just reeks of metal gear solid (a game i would also marry... or have as my mistress) and now its out for the cube, i dont have to upgrade my pc just to play it although i still need to upgrade GREG!!!

• 4 months later...

Well... what cai I say.... I have played every game of the RAIMBOW SIX series and definitively they rules!!!!!

I got SWAT 3 ELITE EDITION and it rules too!!! They are different in one main aspect.... in R6 you are a military.... so you're up to kill..... in S3EE you're a police officer and you're up to arrest and make safe not to kill....(even if the AI doesn't agree much on this.... )

I got also DELTA FORCE BLACK HAWK DOWN.... really a great game... but lack most of the tactical and plannig side..... the one that i like most.....

Raven Shield kicks a ton of ass. I love that game. My favorite mission of the entire game (especially for Terrorist Hunts) is the Mansion pt. 2. When you go through it and enter the living room the stereo system is playing Ave Marie. That is by far the best song I've ever had a shoot out too. Nothing like two to the chest and one to the head while listening to that.