Weep for what should have been

LostInSpace

Ah yes, I speak of the once anticipated game of Babylon 5. The game is sitting out there somewhere on someones shelf gathering dust and beckoning to be released. It was near completion then it was cancelled. I know they were having trouble with getting the stargates to be just like in the TV show then I heard nothing after that. Here's a link to an old IGN preview. Babylon 5Maybe together we can harrash somone enough at Sierra or the creators of B5 to rekindle this game. It's a shame all that work on it has lain dormant. Give it to someone who can make it work and finish it. Maybe SC would like a crack at it since most of the work on the game is nearly done. I'm sure a person of his game creation caliber can handle it.

Blade Runner:

quote:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die.

im not sure, but Ive seen the sc say before he wouldnt really want the hassle of dealing with licensed franchise stuff. star wars star trek...

even though one time i saw him mention that he went to activision about star trek when he saw they got the license. i think that was an audio interview.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

im not sure, but Ive seen the sc say before he wouldnt really want the hassle of dealing with licensed franchise stuff. star wars star trek...

even though one time i saw him mention that he went to activision about star trek when he saw they got the license. i think that was an audio interview.

Oh I didn't really mean him persay. It's not a request or anything. I only used him as an example because of his space sim expertise. Anyone with his expertise would be welcome. It's just a crime to think that game is inches away from releasing and it's just sitting somewhere in limbo.

Yup. The developers spent a long time trying to get the license from Sierra for their own development group, then just gave up. All hope of the game ever coming out has pretty much sunk under since then.

quote:

Originally posted by Parias:

Yup. The developers spent a long time trying to get the license from Sierra for their own development group, then just gave up. All hope of the game ever coming out has pretty much sunk under since then.

Damn that sucks. What's up with sierra!? What are they waiting for a 20th aniversary game tribute edition for Babylon 5 . Damn company has gone downhill ever since the Williams family sold it.

Yeah...that game looked VERY promising. I try not to get too excited about games before they're released anymore. Because stuff like that happens.