3000AD Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fox__Trot

Gal Civ

I own it and this game has a real hard AI. Its a great game if one like 3X games.

The developers is very alive and is listing to people. But I think there is a demo - then why not try it out your self?

I love that game. The AI is really actually quite good and they are improving it all the time. The game really can get good as if you are not strategic about your colonization you can get overwhelmed and not just militarily. It's great.

Yeah, this game is great, it's relativly new but has the old school feeling to it which is great. Since MOO3 is a major let down, this game is an improvement on MOO2. Would definatly recomend it. And yes, as opposed to other games like it, the AI is very nicely made, tough, some of them unpredictable, and every time you start a new game, the AI races will play it out differently.

I own it as well, pretty good overall.

Guest Fox__Trot

okay well ive ordered it ill see what i think of it thanks everyone for postin

Wow...other GalCiv players! It seems like I'm getting to the point of ONLY buying software from independent developers (3000AD, Stardock, etc). Another good developer is TesserAction Games...they made Enigma:Rising Tide. Great game.

I guess the reason is that I feel safer with my purchase in that the software will continue to be supported and the developers are interested in getting the feedback from the users. I can't recall many of the "big name" companies doing that.

Engima:Rising Tide, was a great game. Very underrated, but very fun. I love trying to sink subs with depth charges the old fashioned way. Good times, good times.

I like GalCiv because Stardock is continually releasing updates and expansions for it. They really love the game they've created and it shows.

I agree with ya on both counts, Bandus. Have you gotten the update for Enigma: Rising Tide? Really makes MULTIPLE improvements.

Darn, I was just at Best Buy an hour ago and almost bought Gal Civ, as I heard good things about it, it was at 29.99, was looking for Jagged Alliance Wildfire (not due till tomorrow at EB) as I love turn based stuff. (Reflexes getting too slow for RTS, hit pause in slow speed every 5 seconds.) Yeah I played the demo of Enigma, I liked it, hows the MP going? Enough people?

MP in Enigma won't be released til after March. They are having some kind of convention/seminar type thing in Eugene this month and the MP will be previewed and played during that one day event.

Oh yeah...Gal Civ is great. I tend to stick closely by these indie developers.

Guest $iLk

I picked it up yesterday. I've had fun with it... although I normally don't play too many 4X games because of the graphics.

I know I might be a consumer whore but graphics DO matter in a sense. I remember one game I had but don't remember where it's at that had good RTS style ship battles.

Guest Fox__Trot

Homeworld or maybe ST: Armada?

but ive enjoyed gal civ so far to bad I ALSO bought RTK 9 so now im shifiting betwaint he two

Guest $iLk

It was a space RTS... you had the standard resource/combat maps of any RTS - except several could be visited via jumpgates and you could combat on all fronts simultaneously by switching views between them.

$ilk: Project Earth ot Hegemonia?

quote:

Originally posted by Bandus:

I'll have to get the update for Enigma, I haven't gotten it yet. Thanks for the heads up.

You're quite welcome, Bandus. With the update, it's like a whole new game almost. Truly a great naval commander sim.

Guest $iLk

Not either one of those... It's bugging me because me and my friend used to play it a lot...

Oooo, I remember that one.

I've still got it if anyone's up for a game or two. Thats the first game I know of that also had "commanders" that gave you boosts to your groups.