Earth n Beyond Grounded

• 1 month later...

Well I was playing eve a little earlier and there the servers hit 10,000 simultanius users, so much for them going down. BTW, eve may have been losing money due to low exchange rates between US dollars and Icelandic cash, but the recent increase to 14.95 from 12.95 probably took care of that. Also, one last thing, the Gamestop that I bought Eve from, had it listed at the 5th best selling title out of all the PC games, though the low $15.00 price tag may have had something to do with that.

Well their subscriber base must have grown tremendously for having 10K users on all at once, it has to be at least 4 to 10X the number of users online simultaniously I think. Plus now that it's back to being in the hands of a small independant house, the overhead isn't as high and they don't need as many subscribers to make it profitable.

One other thing, I initially subscribed with the free 7 day offer they had, during peak hours I had trouble signing on because they limited free accounts to no more than 800 users at a time, so the 10K simultanious users isn't thousands of free accounts going on at the same time as the paying accounts.

quote:

Originally posted by Darkling:

Well their subscriber base must have grown tremendously for having 10K users on all at once, it has to be at least 4 to 10X the number of users online simultaniously I think.

Not necessarily.

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Sorren:

Ive played both Jumgate for about a year and more recently, Earth and Beyond. I cancelled my recent e n b account as soon as I bought UC. I love this &*$#in game!

Are you still playing JG?

I've been playing JG since July of 2001, back in beta. I've had breaks like the one I'm on now, but they have only occured due to RL issues out of my hand. When possible I'll be back playing it. It's a great game with a great close-kit community.