Silent Hunter 4

John Prezioso

There was some website where a guy was playing and writing a captain's log over 36 hours... straight.

By the time he got toward the end he was sleep-drunk and having imaginary conversations with his 'crew'.

• 8 months later...

*Bump*

Update:

[sH IV Wolves of the Pacific has been out for a couple of months and two patches already.

Not too bad of a Sub simulator. Anyone else checked out this title?

The reason I ask is due to the apparent lack of testing this title recieved prior to it's release.

As it turns out, SH IV is not much more than a rehashed version of SH III. Complete with a few bugs that are still prevalent in SH III. Not to mention numerous missing features that are explained in the manual but are nowhere to be found in the application. The faithful skippers over on the SH IV forums have been diligently reporting the bugs and other problems and asking when the next patch would be released to address the numerous issues. Unfortunately the pleas have been met with dead silence.

Today, now it gets interesting, The North American Community Manager on the forums made a statement and a laughable request to the community..

AND THE MUTINY BEGINS

Hilarity ensues as another dumbass publisher shoots themselves in the foot.

Not that their MO is anything new with this release. There were problems with SH2 and 3. I liked SH3 a lot and I played it quite a bit. I haven't touched SH4 yet and I won't until they've fixed it to the point where it is actually playable on the hardware people have.

I haven't touched FSX either, for the same reason.

quote:

Originally posted by stingray:

Not that their MO is anything new with this release. There were problems with SH2 and 3. I liked SH3 a lot and I played it quite a bit. I haven't touched SH4 yet and I won't until they've fixed it to the point where it is actually playable on the hardware people have.

I haven't touched FSX either, for the same reason.

I played the Shitzengruebbers outta SH III

Looks like you will never be playing SH IV .

Ubishaft...right up there with Take Two, EA, Hasbro, etc etc ad nauseum.