Medieval 2: Total War

Guest Grayfox

Guest Grayfox

so did i... i want that crescent and the cross dvd. fear the power of the hat!!!

we gonna hook up again for some MP action carl? i made you fear my roman legions, and i got pwnt by your macedonian phalanx. will you now fall before the standard of the black prince?

Guest Grayfox

ya when i preordered at GameStop i got the demo CD.

lol better bring some lunch with you... ill be hungry after stomping a mudhole in that mob you call an army

Guest Grayfox

hmm i didnt have any probs with the demo. whats your system specs?

i did notice however that each soldier is individually rendered like it was in Rome: Total War, but i also noticed that each soldier actually looked different no clone armies here! i can imagine its gonna take a pretty decent rig to run it with all the bells and whistles

Terran Marine, your system specs are probably too low to run the game well. I read somewhere if you could run Rome: Total War at full detail with decent speed then you will be able to run Medieval 2 at about half the settings with decent preformance. I like the amount of detail they put into this game, it seems even more 'real' than Rome. Although I have yet to see any of the troops preform these 'finishing moves' CA was bragging about.

I like the fact they brought back taking prisoners. It will make it more fun to ransom back Grayfoxes troops. There will be alot of surrendering to me going on.

Guest Grayfox

rofl... i never surrender... im not french! ill beat you with an army of nothing but irish gallowglasses and some english longbowmen.

better yet we can do a re-enactment of agincourt. you can be the pansy french knights, and ill be the english longbows and men at arms... outnumbered by about 5-1

we few oh we happy few we band of brothers! for those of you that should pwn the french on the field of battle this day shall be called my brother!

Guest Grayfox

lol fanboys? i suppose... as long as the title is worthy. ive been a fan of the total war series since shogun: total war (oda nobunaga ftw!) and it just keeps getting better and better.

d/l the demo and give it a shot

Guest Grayfox

i really dont know what could be causing your probs then. my version runs just fine. did you d/l yours off the net or something? maybe the d/l got corrupted or something... although i would think that the whole thing would be unplayable and not just be choppy on a few parts.

try dropping a line to creative assembly, or better yet check out their forums. maybe someone else has the same problem over there

Guest Grayfox

actually the thread is here

you aint the only one with probs running the demo. its strange, i have an amd processor, and im running the game fine. maybe there is something wrong with the internet version?

Guest Grayfox

for the demo? i dont think so, theyll probably just release a new version. but since its so close to the release date they might not put out any more demos and just make sure the released version is squared away, cause i can tell from the forums that theyre being bombed with complaints about the playability issues.

Guest Grayfox

im curious as well... have you tried the demo yet carl? it might take you a few days with that 56k connection but im curious to know whats causing these problems. it might be that theres something wrong with the internet d/l version.

Yeah I played the demo. I stomp all over the French in the first mission (Pativa? Forgot what it is called but you fight as the Holy Roman Empire) but at Agincourt im constantly getting rolled over. I just cant kill enough of the french before they get to my lines.

By the way those system specs are oollllllllddddddddd. I just forgot how to change em. None of that info is accurate so I ought to take it down.

Guest Grayfox

well terran marine its probably something wrong with the demo then, although theres plenty of "experts" here that could give you a more accurate reason. my system specs are up to date, and i dont have a prob with the demo; then again i have the cd version of the demo you get from GameStop for preordering.

quote:

but at Agincourt im constantly getting rolled over. I just cant kill enough of the french before they get to my lines.

skirmish... i had a hit and run thing going that whittled down the french troops enough to secure the victory.]

actually i thought the whole agincourt scenario was faulty anyway. they had a big thing about the reason the english army won was not because of the longbow arrows, but the fact it was raining, and the arrows killed the french knights horses, dismounting them into the mud where they couldnt get back up cause of all that heavy armor. the longbowmen then descended upon them and proceeded to cut throats and such. they even proved that a bodkin arrow couldnt of pierced the armor... and yet the english still won... then again it WAS the french they were fighting

quote:

Originally posted by Carl Burning:

By the way those system specs are oollllllllddddddddd. I just forgot how to change em. None of that info is accurate so I ought to take it down.

You can change your profile's computer information here.

Unfortunately, I cannot even get the demo to work. I've tried downloading the demo twice from Fileplanet and keep getting an error when I try to start it. I've even tried installing the demo that came on the PC Gamer disc with same result.

I've checked their forum and from what I gather, the game doesn't like my processor.

I sure hope CA looks into that. I can run Rome Total War with no problems whatsoever.

-Sho

Guest Grayfox

ya for some reason the demo has probs with certain amd chips... i say certain because it works fine with my amd processor.

and i would think CA would not want to alienate about half of their potential customers.

I was addicted to SHOGUN TOTAL WAR but the ONE thing that bummed the game for me was how screwed cavalry was.

A whole horde of heavy cavalry smashing after a downhill charge on archers... was STOPPED by the first line of archers and got stuck. Gawd i hated that.

Played the demo of MEDIEVAL2 and was pleasantly suprised to see cavalry actually breaking through formations and causing havoc..as they should be.

However... bowmen... still screwed up like they were in Shogun. I got 100 men lined up with longbows in 3 lines with height advantage... and they shoot at incoming spearment... and only 3 spearmen die? WTF?

Not only that but the range is also off. A longbow could be fired about 10 times before an enemy got into range (enemy being incoming cavalry). But here you barely get 2 shots off. Range is whacked off and accuracy is whacked off.

I even tried once the 'musket' shot hold... aka holding your fire until enemy is about to touch you.. let arrows loose...no way they can miss... and only 3 or 4 enemy soldiers fell. BAH!