Gothic 3

LostInSpace

I got the game yesterday and was playing all night.

Wow, on medium detail and 1024x768 85hz rez and 5.1 audio just wow. There is a little screen lag but nothing to write home about. I like that you don't start out as a raving weakling either. They took into account the other two game experience. Still, it would be nice if games like this you could import your old character into it. However, I did kick the butt out of the first batch of orcs after the begining cut scene is over. Came away with some good plunder.

The sword fighting isn't as dumbed down as I was led to believe. Movement keys sequence with left mouse button click does give one different attack swings much like in the other gothics but that auto target lock has to go.

So far, no crashes or lockups as others seem to be complaining about. Gamespot doesn't have an in house review and reader reviews average out to 8.1. That's mostly where I read about some bugs and other issues. Haven't experienced it yet. There is already two patches but I haven't used any of them yet.

Also, this game was designed with dual core in mind and 64bit. Here are some files on the game DVD:

AMD_DualCore_Optimizer.exe

amdcpusetup.exe

DrvSetup_x64.exe

Maybe after christmas I'll treat myself to dual core. I don't need to upgrade the mobo because it's dual core ready.

Got this game in Taiwan's retailer~They even included a future free tradtiional chinese edition upgrade inside!!

This game even make my shiny nVIDIA 8800 GTS cry!!!

Somewhat uninspired storyline,laggy framerate.But combat system is better than Gothic II,still a very good RPG experience~

Very cool game, I'm already at level 65 :c) As soon as you have enough magical knowledge to generate mana on your own, things start getting easy. Fireballs galore! And, wow, those graphics!