3000AD Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Supreme Cmdr

LOL!! Thieves steal an entire house

OK, this isn't funny. But these statements had me in stitches.

quote:

"It gets me that they got by me," Laurel Fulton told local media.

"I should have noticed a big truck going by with a big house in the back."

LOL, wonder how they missed that I mean you can't really dismantle a house w/o making some noise.

Guest Grayfox

ahhh yes... california. only place in the world where someone can pinch an entire house

that is unbelievable...

Hmmm,

Looks like the theves are getting more technically advanced....Now they just take the whole house. Maybe an alien abucted it for further study.

You know something a thought just crossed my mind. How do we know the homeowner didn't do this to collect the insurance money (if any). Car owners do this all the time and now it's the home owner .

You, dear sir, are a very cynical person...

Note to self: Never own a house light enough to transport on a truck.

Related issue...There was a soldier I knew at Campbell that had all his stuff stolen by "movers"...he had contracted a company to come get his stuff. Well, they showed up a little early and his roommate let them in because he knew the guy was expecting movers (bad move #1). Well, they boxed up all his stuff and loaded it on the truck, never to be seen again...

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Related issue...There was a soldier I knew at Campbell that had all his stuff stolen by "movers"...he had contracted a company to come get his stuff. Well, they showed up a little early and his roommate let them in because he knew the guy was expecting movers (bad move #1). Well, they boxed up all his stuff and loaded it on the truck, never to be seen again...

yep... thats a common occurence in the military. i had my movers screened befor i let them take my crap away

not one thing came up missing, or broken... im one of the lucky ones.

Ok, after reading these moving horror stories, I've decided, should I ever need a moving company, They can have the TV, they can have the Stereo, put the PC comes with me.

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

ahhh yes... california. only place in the world where someone can pinch an entire house

that is unbelievable...

yupyup, in Cali we doin big thangs

but in all reality, thats a trip. but its in an isolated area, so it could have been easy to do

News update: a cabin seller has agreed to DONATE a cabin to this poor guy (there is still a $2000 reward for the cabin)... as soon as the cabin is shipped from... England (really).